Thanks to Avi for sending me a couple of different sizes in the wool pads.

Products:

3 inch $8.99
5 inch $15.49
6 inch $17.99

Description:

CarPro’s all new wool pad was designed for extreme cutting action

Suitable for both Dual Action and Rotary polishing the new extreme cut lambswool pad from CarPro was designed for professional detailers and those looking for a durable, fast cutting, and smooth finishing wool pad!

Foam backing was skipped to allow for more control and adhesive was replaced with a stitched backing to provide an extremely strong structure that won’t twist, kink or rupture during polishing.

Features:

Excellent cutting
Superior finish to traditional wool pads
Excellent adhesion even at high speed (up to 12000 rpm)

Specifications:

Material: Wool pad with stitched backing
Hook & Loop Diameter: 3”, 5”, 6"
Polishing Face Diameter: 3 1/2”, 5 1/2”, 6 1/2"
Fiber Length: 5/8"
Color: Black and White

Precautions:

Hand wash only, lambswool is not suitable for washing machine
These wool pads are new for 2019. Wool has come full circle and is becoming a favorite way to remove defects as they generally run cooler than a microfiber cutting pad or foam cutting pad using a dual action polisher.

These CarPro pads are merino wool. Merino wool has been used as a material for wash mitts.

Closeup of the face of the pad

The pad does not have an interface on it. CarPro went with stitching to hold the pads together rather than adhesive. Makes the pad more durable rather than separating from the interface due to the adhesive due to the violent nature of a dual action polisher. Especially a long throw.

Side view of the 6 inch pad.

The material is clearly different compared to the Rupes wool cutting pads.

For this particular test I am using the 3 inch pad with a yet to be released fast cutting compound.

This is my brothers 73 C10 and it was repainted so it has rotary defects all over it. The photos don’t do the defects justice.

After 3 section passes using the 3 inch pad on the Rupes mini with the test compound, we see the marring and haze from the pad but the defects have been removed. This is expected when using an aggressive combination.

A polishing step was used to clean up the marring and restore the finish. We now see the true finish after a two step process.

Final thoughts:

For those looking to remove defects fast then this wool pad will be for you. One thing I did find out with this pad is that it does not absorb product into it like the Rupes wool pads. The compound stays more wet on the CarPro wool pads and allows for a longer working time. I would not recommend overloading the pad with too much product when priming as it just seems to not want to break down the compound if that makes any sense. A few small drops into it is all that is needed to prime them.

The pads do rotate well and there does not seem to be much vibration with the pad not having a foam interface. It will translate more of the tools power to the paint.

Based on my experience with this pad, expect to follow up with a polish to remove any induced marring and haze from the pad and compound. But expect more of the defects to be removed compared to a microfiber or foam cutting pad.