Thread: FLy By Forte issue/question

Post Thanks / Like

Question FLy By Forte issue/question

Hello All,

I have applied fly by forte on all windows and windshield and love it. I did three coats on windshield and one coat elsewhere. This stuff does last and its really great.
    There is one issue however and i cant seem to figure it out:

- around the middle of the driver side on windshield ( roughly where my drivers view out the window is, there is a smudge spot about 5X5 inches that seems to develop a month after application.
    The first time i thought it was some grease but couldn't wash it off, and then i re-cleaned the windshield with ceriglass and re-applied forte across the whone windshield a second time and changed wipers to new wipers (the old ones were 6 months old only).
    Exactly same thing happened about 3-5 weeks after application. Same spot.

It looks like a smudge when wet, and the beading and water streams are visibly different and less effective in the spot. It is around where center of the wiper passes in front of drivers eyes roughly.

I, for the hell of me cant figure out what this is caused by. The rest of the windshield and rest of car is fine. Even that spot was fine the first few weeks.

Any ideas ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm thats very strange, are you able to capture/post pics of it???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devzo View Post
    Hmmm thats very strange, are you able to capture/post pics of it???
    See below. In video it shows clearly how the water comes off except in that spot. And I don't think it is grease, because it only happens in that spot and only after a couple of weeks after applying the product.
    I have tried cleaning the windshield, alcohol, soap, even windex. It keeps coming off like that.
    I am starting to suspect something on the windshield is different in that area, but I can't for the hell of me figure out what that would be.

IMG_2293.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/atodosic/vi...7067600474716/
    Last edited by atodosic; 01-05-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added video link.

Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds pretty harsh.... isnt there a risk i damage something ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe give CeriGlass a try?

Post Thanks / Like
    i used ceriglass every time before applying.
    But perhaps a better way to ask the question would be :
    BAsed on the video, does it look like that area has no more coating or has a layer of grease/dirt on top of it?
    if 1. Then that part doesnt accept the coating as well as others, which i need to understand better
    if 2. then i have no clue how to remove it without removing the coating itself ( given all i have tried already that didn't work).

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wondering whether the glass is etched. Maybe take it to a professional glass polisher, for assessment and perhaps, polishing? I'm just guessing though.