Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydro2 Standalone?

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro2 Standalone?

Hi guys,

New to the forum here, coming CarPro fanboy.

Can Hydro2 be used as a standalone product? I am currently working on correction and polishing my car and have a bottle of Hydro2 Lite available here that I'm thinking of using as protection when I'm all done with the foundation.

I do understand that Hydro2 does NOT have anywhere near the longevity as something like CQUK 3.0, but if I wipe Hydro2 on a dry car and buff off, then do another layer, and then respray the car wet after every other wash (I wash weekly) will that give me sufficient protection?

Another thing I'm curious about is whether applying CQUK 3.0 will add more protection? Or is it primarily longevity that is provided?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure you can use it as a stand-alone product. I’ve used it on my car several times. I would get 5-6 months of durability out of it.

Hydro2 is one of my favorite products.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, about the UK 3.0. You’re planning on removing that Hydro2 and polish the car before you apply it right??

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic. Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Do you have any idea about level of protection provided? Would I gain any considerable amount of protection using something like CQUK 3.0 instead? I'm really keen on using Hydro2 as a stand-alone product, the simplicity of using it is just amazing, but also want good protection on top of my work.

Post Thanks / Like
    So my idea is to polish the car, clean it with IPA, then lay Hydro2 as stand-alone with no CQUK 3.0.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the UK would give you great protection. Even way better protection than the Hydro2. I mean you’re talking college baseball to MLB in terms of protection. Protection that would last 2 years or longer properly maintained. UK would be far better than the Hydro2.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you plan on polishing the car, I would go ahead and put the UK on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, understood. What is it that makes CQUK 3.0 provide better protection than Hydro2? Is it the level of sio2 in the product or are there other components that make it more resistent to external elements? If we take away the longevity aspect.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the amount of SIO2 in the UK is the main thing.

You could do a couple of layers of UK on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll consider ordering a bottle then. But technically I can use Hydro2 stand-alone without any other product?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast