Thread: New layer of Gliss after 1 year?

Post Thanks / Like

New layer of Gliss after 1 year?

A year ago, my car got 2 layers of Cquartz UK 3.0, and topped up with one layer of Gliss. So, Cquartz last 2 years, and Gliss one year. How do I prep the car before adding another layer of Gliss?
    The car has been maintained with handwash only, and Reload + Hydro2 Lite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Per the product description

Q. My coating is a few months old and I want to apply Gliss but Reload has already been applied over the coating, can I still use Gliss?

A. No, as Reload will not allow the coating to bond to the paint but if you still want to apply Gliss than the process would be as follows:

Wash with CarPro Reset
    Decontaminate with Iron X if necessary
    Use CarPro Tar X (this will pull the oils out of Reload that will prevent Gliss from bonding. Use in shade, do not allow to dwell, and be careful around sensitive plastics)
    a. Spray and wipe in Tar X into panel with microfiber and immediately neutralize the Tar X by either rewashing the panel or using a waterless wash such as CarPro Ech2o (Make sure to neutralize Tar X before moving onto next panel)
    Give it one more good wash with CarPro Reset
    Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
    Gliss application *If applying over an old coating there is a possibility Gliss may haze up the next day and you can see the application marks. If this happens wiping down the vehicle with CarPro Ech2o or a damp microfiber will remove it.*
    If you choose to apply Reload over Gliss than you must wait a minimum of 12 hrs to allow Gliss to cure.