Thread: Reload over Dlux

Post Thanks / Like

Reload over Dlux

Just finished applying Dlux for the first time on 2 of my wheels today after Trix, eraser, etc. While applying it feels very grabby using the suade it came with, unlike applying cquartz uk, is that normal?

My question is, is it ok to apply Reload immediately after the wipe down of the Dlux? The coating does not feel slick at all, is that a normal feature? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is normal to have DLUX be grabby upon removal. It will get slicker as it cures. It won't be super slick. Think of it being similar to CQUK 3.0. You can use Reload 1 hour after like the paint coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally do a Wipe-On Walk-Away (WOWA) with DLux. I normally do not wipe it off as you would a coating.

Depending on the application style and material it is being applied to, I can achieve a satin or glossy look.

As far as your question, I feel that DLux takes 6-8 hours to cure/dry. After that, you could apply Reload.

For me, Dlux is a WOWA. I don't touch it for 6-8 hours after application to allow time for it to harden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquarianuw View Post
    My question is, is it ok to apply Reload immediately after the wipe down of the Dlux? The coating does not feel slick at all, is that a normal feature? Thank you!
    I use the Capro Applicator with the 4"x4" Microfiber pads for the DLux coating application.
    Depending on the area, I may only use the 4"x4" Microfiber pads to get into those nooks and crannies.
    My process is using a light smooth continuous wipe so I don't have any streaks or lines.
    I do not touch, rub or bump the areas that I have applied Dlux to for at least 6-8 hours.

If you have already applied Reload to the areas, I would clean off the Reload before application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Yesterday afternoon I also applied Dlux on the other 2 wheels but this time I did not apply reload. I waited at least 20-30 min before wiping. Its been more than 12 hours now so I guess it should be fine with reload. No I can test the longevity of the coating applied differently, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    So are you saying that you don't wipe dlux at all after application? What's the longevity of the coating from what you have seen from this type of application?

I have read that some people have reported excellent duration when the wheels are applied with the regular Cquartz. What's your thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I normally do a Wipe-On Walk-Away (WOWA) with DLux. I normally do not wipe it off as you would a coating.

Depending on the application style and material it is being applied to, I can achieve a satin or glossy look.

As far as your question, I feel that DLux takes 6-8 hours to cure/dry. After that, you could apply Reload.

For me, Dlux is a WOWA. I don't touch it for 6-8 hours after application to allow time for it to harden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Yesterday afternoon I also applied Dlux on the other 2 wheels but this time I did not apply reload.
    I waited at least 20-30 min before wiping. It's been more than 12 hours now so I guess it should be fine with reload.
    Now I can test the longevity of the coating applied differently, lol.
    Next time try the Wipe-On / Walk-Away (WOWA) method
    or
    ...on the wheels you did not apply Reload to apply Dlux again and do not wipe off.

Let us know your results!

Post Thanks / Like
    So are you saying that you don't wipe dlux at all after application?
    What's the longevity of the coating from what you have seen from this type of application?

I have read that some people have reported excellent duration when the wheels are applied with the regular Cquartz.
    What's your thoughts on that?
    IMHO The WOWA method with DLux will give you the best longevity.

If I am doing a vehicle with "regular Cquartz"...
    If I have enough left in the bottle I use the remaining product on the wheels.
    If not (I've used all the CQ - 2 coats on the vehicle) I use DLux on the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. If you apply Cquartz on the wheels, do you also do the WOWA method?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    IMHO The WOWA method with DLux will give you the best longevity.

If I am doing a vehicle with "regular Cquartz"...
    If I have enough left in the bottle I use the remaining product on the wheels.
    If not (I've used all the CQ - 2 coats on the vehicle) I use DLux on the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. If you apply Cquartz on the wheels, do you also do the WOWA method?
    No, I use the Wipe-On / Wipe-Off (WOWO) method with CQuartz ceramic coatings.