Thread: Can Perl be used as a spray on and forget product or you must wipe it on?

Post Thanks / Like

Can Perl be used as a spray on and forget product or you must wipe it on?

Hey I've been trying some CarPro products and getting samples in some order and today I got samples of PERL and Inside.

I wanted to try out Perl instead of my usual Sonax plastic care for enigne bay dressing but I was wondering if it can work the same as plastic care where you can spray it on a clean engine bay and let it dry out on it's own for 15 minutes and come back and be done.

Has anyone tried it this way with a specefic dilution ratio? All videos I see the pepople wipe it off with a microfiber or brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    PERL - Plastic, Engine, Rubber, Leather can be used as an engine bay dressing.

I would use it full strength and lightly spread it with a mf towel or wax applicator.
    In that application, I would not use it as a Wipe-On/Walk-Away (WOWA) without leveling.

But hey - That's me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The dilutions are listed on the bottle. They should resemble these. With that said I have not used it in that manner. I actually ceramic coated the engine bay plastics and only use Perl for tires at 1:1.

External plastics: 1 part PERL - 1~3 parts water.
    Engine: 1 part PERL - 1~3 parts water.
    Tires & rubber: Undiluted. We recommend 2 thin coats with 20 minutes or more between will offer the best looking dark black tires you will find.
    Interior vinyl and leather: 1:5