Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CarPro Quartz Steps - Need Help

Post Thanks / Like

Red face CarPro Quartz Steps - Need Help

Good morning - I am fairly new to car detailing and I have a brand new RAM 1500 I want to perform the quartz to. Can someone give me the proper steps needed to achieve this in the best possible manner? Spending time on blogs and forums is helpful but at the same time confusing because you get a lot of DIY-ers who have their own opinion of how it needs to be done.

From what I can tell

1. Wash
    2. Dry
    3. Check to see if truck needs claying
    4. If Claying - do I need to polish after the clay and what is recommended for this?
    5. Do I go straight into the Quartz application from here?
    6. Gliss after quartz correct?

One forum poster said to do Carpro Erasure and Reload but not sure where these steps fit in the overall process.

Many thanks for your help

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you going to be working inside or outside?

General process

Wash
    Chemical decon (iron x)
    Clay
    Polish - You will have to perform a test spot to see if you need to compound or just polish. What products do you have?
    Eraser
    Cquartz
    Gliss - Applied 4 hours after the last coat of cquartz

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be working outside under a carport most likely.

I have Meguiars Mirror Glaze for a polish but that's when I was just grabbing things off a shelf lol! I am expected to get rain for 3 straight days so this will be a process for sure - I am in no hurry so if there is a polish you recommend, let me know and I'll get that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which Meguiar’s product? They make quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mirror Glaze Ultra Cut Compound 105

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend getting yourself self a better compound. M105 is not the most user friendly compound.

Meguiar’s M110/M210 are good options.

If you want to stay within the CaPro line then Clear Cut is a compound and you can either go with Reflect or Essence.

Essence is a finishing polish that also acts as a primer. Same abrasives as Reflect but less cut that Reflect.

7. Likes Merlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You! I appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    This might be a dumb question - but how many microfiber cloths/towels do you use to dry a vehicle? I bought a large one thinking that would do it but it gets wet pretty quick leaving streaks so I had a pack of smaller ones and I used all of those. Just making sure this is normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have good protection on the paint then you can sheet rinse the finish and only need one towel to dry off the remaining water left on the surface. A drying aid also helps. Just be aware that over time your towels will become less absorbent if using a drying aid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Are you going to be working inside or outside?

General process

Wash
    Chemical decon (iron x)
    Clay
    Polish - You will have to perform a test spot to see if you need to compound or just polish. What products do you have?
    Eraser
    Cquartz
    Gliss - Applied 4 hours after the last coat of cquartz
    For this response - you said I will need to test a spot to see if I need compound or just polish - how will I know? What would I be looking for? Also later you suggested Meguiar's 110/210 - I would do both of these if I am compounding right? 110 first to compound and 210 2nd to polish.

I washed Saturday and did Meguiar's Iron Remover yesterday and washed again. I tested a spot with a Mother's clay bar and some of the bumps were still there after I did the sandwich bag test so I bought a medium clay bar today from Chemical Guys to see if that will remove everything. Once I clay it tonight then I will be ready for Compound or Polish or both based on what you tell me lol - thank you very much for helping me with this.

Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast