Thread: UK 3.0 , Gliss, Reload relationship.

Post Thanks / Like

UK 3.0 , Gliss, Reload relationship.

Hello all!

Have a bottle of Uk 3.0, Gliss and reload waiting to go on the car once the surface is ready.

Just wondering what kind of time frames you all suggest to make this 3 some work best.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

2 layers of CQUK 3.0 at 1 hour apart. If you miss that time frame then 24 hours later.
    Gliss 4 hours minimum after the last layer of CQUK 3.0

If you are using Gliss then you can skip Reload. Save it for down the road after a few washes. Gliss is doing the job of Reload.

Here is the information from the CarPro US store

https://www.carpro-us.com/protection...-3-0-30ml-kit/

Wrap a 4" mf Suede around the grey side of applicator block.
    Shake CQuartz UK.
    Slowly open bottle and drag one or two lines of product down the applicator.
    Spread across paint in a criss cross pattern approximately 2 sq ft at a time depending on conditions.
    Buff off as soon as it flashes (within 2-5 minutes depending - see tips above) using a CarPro No Lint Ultra Towel 16" x 16".
    Be sure to remove all excess residue and only then do you move to the next section.
    Switch out the 4" Suedes every 2+/- panels.
    Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 60 minutes. CarPro recommends 2 coats. Max Layer - 3 coats.
    Apply Reload after final coat within 30- 60 mins. Wait until next day for Reload if you miss the 30-60 minute window or at least a minimum of 12 hrs.
    https://www.carpro-us.com/protection...on-2-30ml-kit/

Directions: (For use as top coat)
    May be applied 4 hours or longer after CQuartz.
    If IR cured may be applied after 45 minutes from CQuartz application
    Q. Can we top the Gliss with Reload?

A. Yes but it is not necessary. However if you choose to do so Reload can be applied after 12 hrs.

Post Thanks / Like
    perfect thanks Guz

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys one last follow up question.

Finally finished the paint correction and got my 2x layers of cquartz down... Car has been sitting in garage still perfectly clean since coating... My question is, any reason for me to wipe down again with Eraser before I top with my gliss?

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by damimr13 View Post
    ... Finally finished the paint correction and got my 2x layers of cquartz down... Car has been sitting in garage still perfectly clean since coating... My question is, any reason for me to wipe down again with Eraser before I top with my gliss?...
    Personally I would, even touching the paintwork with your hands will leave a tiny amount of oils on it. You want the Gliss to last, and bond well, so why take any chances?

(Eraser is a water based panel wipe, not solvent, so it won't harm the CQUK 3.0)

6. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by damimr13 View Post
    Sorry guys one last follow up question.

Finally finished the paint correction and got my 2x layers of cquartz down... Car has been sitting in garage still perfectly clean since coating... My question is, any reason for me to wipe down again with Eraser before I top with my gliss?

Thanks again!
    How long has it been sitting in the garage since you finished applying cquartz?

8. Likes damimr13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    tonight will be 48 hours. Im in no rush do to anything so you tell me what u think is best.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not use any chemicals on the fresh coating for the first week. Including Eraser. So the surface probably has some dust on it at this point. It has also been more than 24 hours so I would try using a damp towel to aid in the dust removal. Just be careful.

The other option is waiting until the first wash with Reset, do an Eraser wipe and then coat with Gliss.

Post Thanks / Like
    So ended up just letting it cure for 6 days total, then with misted a clean micro with one blast of eraser and gentaly wipe away any thing that was on surface before covering with gliss. seemed to work perfectly, leave no residue or harm the now cured coating.

I will say, gliss was tricky to work with in compariston to the UK, also seemed to produce a lot of dusting?

But WOW hyper slick is a perfect way to describe!