Thread: Is ceriglass by hand worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Is ceriglass by hand worth it?

I was wondering if you can remove swirls. I don't know what happened my windshield is like 1.5 year old and it's so bad when sun is out when looking at it. It was perfect not to long ago.

I'm wondering if it's going to work just by hand to remove some of those or I am completely wasting my money?

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your wasting your time and money. Glass isn’t like paint in terms of polishing. You can polish by hand till eternity and get zero results besides some cramps and arthritis! You really need a rotary to get good correction on glass and that comes with risks as glass can’t be heated too much or it will ruin the laminate between layers that makes it safety glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    It may not be that easy with bare hand, at max you could remove some wiper tracks and highly superficial swirls. You can try with carpro ceriglass kits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by harimvk View Post
    It may not be that easy with bare hand, at max you could remove some wiper tracks and highly superficial swirls. You can try with carpro ceriglass kits.
    Thanks, a few months after that post I ordered that kit. It didn't really do much. My goal isn't to remove the swirls anymore but to remove the streakings that occurs. I think that streaking is because of my aliexpress aquapel I used one time. I tried to clean my windshield, change wipers, and there is sitll this weird looking streak looked for like 1 second when the wiper passes.

I'll try to polish it with a dual action when I buy another DA this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Phillips did this live on glass polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    Thanks, a few months after that post I ordered that kit. It didn't really do much. My goal isn't to remove the swirls anymore but to remove the streakings that occurs. I think that streaking is because of my aliexpress aquapel I used one time. I tried to clean my windshield, change wipers, and there is sitll this weird looking streak looked for like 1 second when the wiper passes.

I'll try to polish it with a dual action when I buy another DA this summer.
    Windshield glass is a hard material, hence working with hand will give limited results, if the defect is severe, always use a rotary polishing machine.