Thread: 2017 Acura NSX - Gloss Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Finest Reserve

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Acura NSX - Gloss Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Finest Reserve

2017 Acura NSX - Gloss Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Finest Reserve

Lighting:
    Multiple ScanGrip MultiMatch 3

Machines:
    Rupes 21 with a RUPES 5" Backing Plate and IBrid Nano long neck.

Correction:
    RUPES Blue Coarse Foam Pad - 5" Dia.
    Scholl Concepts Shock 2 Cut Extreme Compound

Polishing:
    Carpro Gloss pad - 5" Dia.
    Meguiar's M210 Ultra Pro Finishing Polish

Last Step Products:
    Cquartz Finest Reserve ceramic coating on paint, wheels and carbon fiber.
    CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coating on trim
    CarPro Clarify Glass Cleaner on windows (My new favorite)

360 walk-around video - Please click bottom Gear for HD Quality 1080p w/audio

The front

Merlin Shot

Drivers side front

Drivers side rear

Passenger side (my fav pic)

The End

Thanks for Looking!

Please post any feedback in a reply.
    Any questions please feel free to ask.
    Questions/Feedback is truly appreciated.

PLEASE subscribe to my social media channels!
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-03-2020 at 09:54 PM.

2. Likes Reflection 5-0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when did it become acceptable to “enhance” detailing photography with fake sun flares?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post
    Since when did it become acceptable to “enhance” detailing photography with fake sun flares?
    Actually, there are no “enhanced” or fake sun flares in any of the photographs.
    If you would please be so kind as to take a minute to view the top 1-minute video (taken with my very old POS iPhone 6 in 1080p).
    ...you will see the sunlight glare is real sun flares reflecting from the paint. It is kinda kewl in a way, that you thought it was fake sun flares.

I guess that's what I get for taking pictures in south Florida at high noon instead of a cloudy grey evening.
    Sadly, I'm not skilled enough to make "enhanced" fake sun flares. (sigh) So, in that case, I guess I'll take it as a compliment.

Please take a moment to look at the video at the top of this post. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have on the video (it's in HD 1080p).
    Sadly, all my vehicle vids are the same 360 walk-around format (with my iPhone 6) bent knees, duck walk, etc. I'd like to try something different.
    On the other hand, I will state that I did try to capture the sun's reflection in the outside photos I took of the vehicle.

BEFORE: (I tried to keep the sun out of this pic. It washed out the swirls)

AFTER: (Yes, the sun is behind a cloud in this pic)

Sadly, a lot of my pics have lens flare even with Scangrip lighting. Do you have any suggestions to help reduce or eliminate lens flare?

I'm not very good at pics or vids.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done!! Looks fantastic.

I had the pleasure to work on one of these late last year. The factory paint was absolutely flawless. There was zero orange peel and not one flaw that I could find. You notice the same on this beauty also?

6. Thanks Merlin thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Nicely done!! Looks fantastic.

I had the pleasure to work on one of these late last year. The factory paint was absolutely flawless.
    There was zero orange peel and not one flaw that I could find. You notice the same on this beauty also?
    Thank you! That is very kind. It is a really nice car. It turned out sweet!

I thought it was kinda kewl! An electric motor in front and mid-engine behind the seats.

The paint had very minimal (if any) orange peel. Probably one of the best factory paint jobs I have done.

The owner was VERY specific at drop off stating "There is not one scratch anywhere on the vehicle!"
    All I found was the normal swirls marks, a few small RIDS (I corrected), and some prior "detailer installed" holograms.

Also, what I found was a lot of what looked like dried spray wax splatter inside the "chicken wire" grates behind the doors.
    This was an area of concern for the owner (I'm not sure how or what caused the white splatter that was inside the grates).
    In the pic below you can see the intake "grate" area that is taped off for polishing. I had to get in each grate wire opening to clean it.

It took Multi X APC, a small round brush, and Medium Round Foam Swabs to get into each small grate opening. Yes, it was a PITA and took time.
    I made a little diluted Multi-X mix. I put the small round brush in the mix then put it in the "chicken wire" holes. I would then twirl the brush in each hole.
    After that, I used the Medium Round Foam Swabs to get into the areas where the round brush would not fit. Then compressed air after a light mist rinse.

8. Likes Dr Oldz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic again, and again and again!
    Instagram : pursuit_of_reflection
    Facebook@PursuitofReflection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflection 5-0 View Post
    Fantastic again, and again and again!
    Thank you! That is very kind.

It is always truly appreciated.