Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Dry Me Crazy longevity

  1. #1
    Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Dry Me Crazy longevity

    So I got a DMC back in July of 2013.

    Today I received two more. After 7 years and probably 500 washes (guesstimate), my original still feels exactly like the new ones. If it wasnít for the subtitle color variation from repeated use, there is zero difference. I use mine constantly also. It may have been dry a total of 1 month out of the last 7 years.

    While they are a bit pricey, I would say that kind of quality is sooo worth it.

    And itís still the best drying towel out there in my opinion and I have tried them all.

  2. Likes vwite liked this post
  3. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah they didnít skimp on quality with the Madness towels. I wish they were a different color at times but they perform.

  4. #3
    Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heath!! I like the white. They are a drying towel Not a washing towel. Now if you don’t wash correctly, perhaps then white would be an issue. Lol
    Shall we review your wash techniques? Hahahaha

  5. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Heath!! I like the white. They are a drying towel Not a washing towel. Now if you donít wash correctly, perhaps then white would be an issue. Lol
    Shall we review your wash techniques? Hahahaha
    Well, I was wanting a grey one, like the new chipmunk.

    Microfiber restore and a hint of AP cleaner. Dry on air dry.

  6. #5
    Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought about trying a chipmunk but honestly I think the DMC is perfect so didn’t wanna change.

  7. #6
    I love shiny things Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried them all and I like the DMC.

    I did make the mistake of getting an Extra large for my truck...Too Big for me!

    I got two regular size Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy (25" x 17") and they work GREAT!

  8. #7
    Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the XL would be too big. I can dry a 4 door dually with the regular one. Maybe if your drying 5 cars in a row you will need that xl. Lol Probably weight 50lbs when wet.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about this today, my DMC is about 5 years old but I'd estimate only around 150 washes. Mine lost a little of absorbency but still can comfortably dry a whole car (when it was new I could dry like two cars with just one towel). I was wondering if the decreased performance was a sign that it was too old and that I should throw another DMC in my order to replace the old towel before it becomes dangerous to the paint finish, however, after talking to Luis (CSR Manager) we think the decrease absorbency was because last year I started using "Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax" as booster for my LSP/sealant after washing, sometimes I'd rinse with pressure washer, spray the "ceramic wax", rinse with pressure washer again (as per instructions in the bottle for touchless application) and then dry most of it with leaf blower and at the end work the details with the Dry Me Crazy towel, but other times I would, after the wash, rinse, spray the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax and spread/dry with the Dry Me Crazy towel, as per instructions in the bottle for an "initial layer foundation", which is a way to apply it better and waste less product but more time consuming and more risky as you have to touch the paint.

    But maybe I could still order a new one but instead of "replacing the old one" keep the one already have and mark it in some way to keep using when I spread the ceramic wax as part of the rinse and drying process and use the new one exclusively for when I only use regular soap and rinse with just water.

    What do you guys think? Also, if I buy the same size, do you have any suggestions how I could mark the old one to know it's the old one? Maybe laundry marker, punch a hole?

  10. #9
    Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vwite View Post
    I was thinking about this today, my DMC is about 5 years old but I'd estimate only around 150 washes. Mine lost a little of absorbency but still can comfortably dry a whole car (when it was new I could dry like two cars with just one towel). I was wondering if the decreased performance was a sign that it was too old and that I should throw another DMC in my order to replace the old towel before it becomes dangerous to the paint finish, however, after talking to Luis (CSR Manager) we think the decrease absorbency was because last year I started using "Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax" as booster for my LSP/sealant after washing, sometimes I'd rinse with pressure washer, spray the "ceramic wax", rinse with pressure washer again (as per instructions in the bottle for touchless application) and then dry most of it with leaf blower and at the end work the details with the Dry Me Crazy towel, but other times I would, after the wash, rinse, spray the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax and spread/dry with the Dry Me Crazy towel, as per instructions in the bottle for an "initial layer foundation", which is a way to apply it better and waste less product but more time consuming and more risky as you have to touch the paint.

    But maybe I could still order a new one but instead of "replacing the old one" keep the one already have and mark it in some way to keep using when I spread the ceramic wax as part of the rinse and drying process and use the new one exclusively for when I only use regular soap and rinse with just water.

    What do you guys think? Also, if I buy the same size, do you have any suggestions how I could mark the old one to know it's the old one? Maybe laundry marker, punch a hole?

    Before you buy a new one, I suggest soaking it in warm water with an APC (I like Optimum power clean) overnight then washing as normal. Sometimes things like a drying aid can clog a towel. The APC will bring it back to life.

  11. Thanks vwite thanked this post
  12. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Before you buy a new one, I suggest soaking it in warm water with an APC (I like Optimum power clean) overnight then washing as normal. Sometimes things like a drying aid can clog a towel. The APC will bring it back to life.
    Thanks! I was actually talking about this with Thomas (Microfiber Madness owner) and he mentioned that I could even soak in boiling water without damaging the towel to get rid of drying aid/sealant.

    Do you have any other recommendations for APC? I only found it in a small spray bottle of the Optimum one and seems to cost almost like a new DMC towel lol

    I do have like a gallon of Optimun No Rinse, but that isn't considered a APC right? Or could I use microfiber detergent, vinegar, common household degreaser (simple green, purple power, fabuloso) or something else instead of the Optimum APC?

    By the way is worth mentioning that since I'm already ordering other stuff, adding an extra DMC would be extra $20 but if I don't order now but need to order later it would be $30 without coupon and plus shipping so that's why even though I do want to restore my current one I'm really hesistant about NOT ordering an extra DMC even if it's just as backup haha
    Last edited by vwite; 07-04-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •