Thread: Recoated my Tundra

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Recoated my Tundra

My Tundra had been coated shortly after I bought it in 2015. Greg at Signature Detailing in Hillsborough, N.J. applied CQuartz Finest and I managed to get 4 and a half years out of it.
    I have since moved out of N.J. to the south and, unfortunately for me, I don’t have a CQuartz installer nearby.
    Being no stranger to applying coatings, I opted to go with CQUK 3.0, 2 coats for my base layer, CQTi02 with 1 coat, and finished with Reload. The entire job took me about 15 hours, including the wait time. Thankfully, I didn’t have to do major correcting just a tad more attention to the roof.
    Since most of us are experienced, I’ll just hit on my correction. I used my Flex 3401, 6.5 “ LC Forced Hybrid pads, Rupes Mark 2 15, Buff and Shine MF and Car Pro Gloss Pads, Flex Kompakt in tight areas with LC a mini pads 1-3 inches. Car Pro Clear Cut, Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6, and Car Pro Essence.
    Scan Grip hand light and some other lighting used during the process, which is extremely important!
    Two months since I completed the application and I couldn’t be happier! I also hit some of the black plastic parts with DLUX.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

2. Likes Merlin liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the small pics. I thought I had it set to appear bigger....

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks beautiful!

Great job!

5. Thanks fdresq4 thanked this post
    Likes fdresq4 liked this post