Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foam cannon

Post Thanks / Like

foam cannon

My foam cannon I purchased in 2014 is in need of replacement. I'm wondering If the MTM pf22 worth it or are some of the cheaper ones, original style like I have or one of the Amazon brands will work just as well. I have a gas pressure washer, 3100 psi and 2.5gpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    My foam cannon I purchased in 2014 is in need of replacement.
    I'm wondering If the MTM pf22 worth it or are some of the cheaper ones, original style like I have or one of the Amazon brands will work just as well.
    I have a gas pressure washer, 3100 psi, and 2.5gpm.
    I've had a "few" of the cheaper ones...
    By far the MTM Hydro PF22.2 Professional Snow Foam Cannon is worth every penny.
    It has outlasted and outperformed all the foam cannons I have ever had.
    If mine broke tomorrow, I would not even think about it or waste my money.
    I'd buy another one! The MTM Hydro PF22.2 is a quality product.

"Specifications:

Designed For Gas Pressure Washers but may be used with electric.
    For Electric you may have to install the 1.1mm orifice which is supplied with this model (PF22.2)

Min. 1,100 psi - Max. 5,000 psi
    Min. 1.4 gpm - Max. 5.3 gpm"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I've had a "few" of the cheaper ones...
    By far the MTM Hydro PF22.2 Professional Snow Foam Cannon is worth every penny.
    It has outlasted and outperformed all the foam cannons I have ever had.
    If mine broke tomorrow, I would not even think about it or waste my money.
    I'd buy another one! The MTM Hydro PF22.2 is a quality product.

"Specifications:

Designed For Gas Pressure Washers but may be used with electric.
    For Electric you may have to install the 1.1mm orifice which is supplied with this model (PF22.2)

Min. 1,100 psi - Max. 5,000 psi
    Min. 1.4 gpm - Max. 5.3 gpm"
    Thanks for the input. I'm curious what cheaper ones you have tried. I know when foam cannons had first come out I got mine and I did try the original MTM and I had better results with the Chemical Guys cannon. It does not appear to be rebuildable in the same way MTM is. I'm kinda seeing it seems MTM now rebuildable where the others are not. But at double or more the price I could get more cheaper ones so that's where I'm at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'm curious what cheaper ones you have tried.
    I know when foam cannons had first come out I got mine and I did try the original MTM and I had better results with the Chemical Guys cannon.
    It does not appear to be rebuildable in the same way MTM is. I'm kinda seeing it seems MTM now rebuildable where the others are not.
    But at double or more the price I could get more cheaper ones so that's where I'm at.
    I originally tried some of the Chinese cheapos...they were all pretty much junk.
    I've never had to fix, rebuild or have ever had any trouble with the new MTM.
    It's a no-brainer for me. It's a do it once do it right...and forget about it.

5. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To add to what Merlin said, I have an old MTM unit that I bought , oh 5-6 years ago. It has since been relegated to house washing use. TO be honest, it was working just fine and only thing I have ever done was replace the small filter in it. I just make sure to remove the bottle from the head unit and stick the pickup tube in my bucket of clean water and rinse.

1. I was itching to buy the new PF 22.2
    2. I didn’t want to go back and forth with using the same cannon for house/outdoor projects and car detailing. It’s not that I use anything caustic or harmful. I just refer back to point#1...
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

7. Likes soloz2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i bought some of the cheap ones also. although people have some good luck with certain ones, i ended up buying a pf22 and neveer looked back. It just made of higher quality and ive never had an issue with it. i did swap out to the 1.1 orifice tho for my electric pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cheap Chinese one that I've had for 4 years with a 3100 psi gas pressure washer and a 1400 psi Ryobi pressure washer. The only thing I have replaced is an o ring. Mine isn't used much and if I drop it wrong I am sure it will break off at the neck.

So it will work but if you are going to use it a lot then durability will be an issue.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the MTM and the CG's foam cannon. Both work well and the CG cannon was a little cheaper. (I don't know who makes theirs) The only good thing about the CG's cannon is it has a wide opening for easy filling where as my MTM needs a funnel or I have to pour carefully.
    Instagram : pursuit_of_reflection
    Facebook@PursuitofReflection

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at the MATCC version 3 or the PF22.2. I also could really use a new short gun as my gun doesn't allow for the stub nose mode and it's awkward to use for car washing. I'm leaning towards the PF22 as replacement parts are readily available. There's a combo of a MTM SG28 and MTM PF22.2 on Amazon for $120 that looks like it comes with all necessary adapters for install which would make it cheaper than buying the gun separate and getting the foam cannon from Corey. That's the only thing that has kept me from pulling the trigger on my cart with now with some more reset and PF22.2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Invest in the MTM curved wand extension with the handle. Its great because when you just need the handle, take the wand off and use the handle. When I wash trucks I use the cannon on the wand to reach the roof and for everything else, I use the cannon on just the handle.
    Instagram : pursuit_of_reflection
    Facebook@PursuitofReflection

13. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast