Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hologramss after second coat, already applied Gliss

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What’s the car you are trying to coat? Just curious...
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Tesla Model S, which is why I was prepared for soft paint. Although I think the 2016 part probably has more to do with what I found to be reality. As far as machines and pads, I have a pretty old Porter Cable rotary, Torq10FX and LHR15. For this I only used the DA's though. Pads are all Chemical Guys hex logic, I started with M105 on a White, went to Orange and finally to Yellow. For M205 pass first time around I went to White. This second time I used Orange. Paint was near perfect after compounding stage, as well as post first CQuartz UK coat. See pics in post #5 for reference. Was exactly the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nem3 View Post
    Mid 70's maybe 40% humidity
    Should have been fine at this temp and humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by nem3 View Post
    Tesla Model S, which is why I was prepared for soft paint. Although I think the 2016 part probably has more to do with what I found to be reality. As far as machines and pads, I have a pretty old Porter Cable rotary, Torq10FX and LHR15. For this I only used the DA's though. Pads are all Chemical Guys hex logic, I started with M105 on a White, went to Orange and finally to Yellow. For M205 pass first time around I went to White. This second time I used Orange. Paint was near perfect after compounding stage, as well as post first CQuartz UK coat. See pics in post #5 for reference. Was exactly the same.
    So there could be a few more things. I am certain you are using new towels for leveling the second coat. But it sounds like it is not having enough time to flash and the wiping of the towel is just pushing the product around leaving the residuals behind. It could also be the first coat trying to reject the second coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct, brand new bag from the rag company, all/most of them went from bag to car to garbage. Was thinking the same thing. I did four different areas on the hood trying a couple different things. Changing wipe off time and application amount. The only thing I couldn't change was the first coat, and I'm wondering if it was too soon after.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12