Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using C.quartz UK a few months after C.quartz lite

Post Thanks / Like

Using C.quartz UK a few months after C.quartz lite

Hi

Is it possible to use c.quartz lite, then wait a period like 6-12 months (or what ever needed) and then apply c.quartz UK?

Is there any further step involved like polishing? and is this recommended?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to get the max performance of UK then polish and apply the coating. Why not just reapply Lite down the road again?

3. Thanks mbenji thanked this post
    Likes mbenji liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After I'll coat 2 cars I guess the Lite (150ml) will be over, I'll also gain experience and be ready to the better product.

I am a newb and do not want to polish:
    1. Would you recommend sticking to the Lite again?
    2. Would UK last even less than Lite if I won't polish?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbenji View Post
    After I'll coat 2 cars I guess the Lite (150ml) will be over, I'll also gain experience and be ready to the better product
    I am surprised you are using that much product but again I am not aware of what size cars you are working with. When starting out there is a tendency to be a bit heavy handed with coating application. I have a friend of mine who got like 8 cars out of Lite but he is a pro and does this as his living.

1. Would you recommend sticking to the Lite again?
    If you don't want to polish this would be the way to go. But I would recommend a polish as you will more than likely have defects (yes it still happens) and you will restore gloss.

2. Would UK last even less than Lite if I won't polish?
    More than likely it will affects UK's longevity. By how much? Well that would be a hard question to truly answer.

6. Thanks mbenji thanked this post
    Likes mbenji, fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again

I planned double coating 2019 Audi A5 and a new Mazda3 Hatch.
    I honestly thought that I will need the full 150ml for 4 coats, but as I am thinking again I have doubts that I actually need 2 double coats.
    Assuming that I'll have enough for two double coats of two cars, or even two single coats of two cars going with Lite in the 2nd time would be a good idea.

1. Can I still use Reload on top of Lite, and then use Lite a few months later again without polishing? What about Hydro2Lite?
    2. Would you recommend a newb to start off with CQ UK?

BTW, I am afraid of polishing because I am a newb
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by mbenji; 06-12-2020 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Clarified question 1

8. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Yes you can use Reload over Lite. You will just have to chemically strip Reload before recoating. Same thing with hyrdo2.
    2. I started out with more difficult coatings and for my I find UK 3.0 to be much easier to use. A little more difficult than Lite.

Also polishing is easy to do and anyone can do it. It is just time consuming.

10. Thanks mbenji thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    1. Yes you can use Reload over Lite. You will just have to chemically strip Reload before recoating. Same thing with hyrdo2.
    Thanks I will probably go with CQLite as the 1st Layer. As for the 2nd, I like the simplicity of Hydro2Lite.
    I would highly appreciate more info:
    1. Will there be a visual benefit in using Hydro2Lite over CQLite? Especially gloss wise. (Maybe I am better off with CQLite alone)
    2. What about Reload?
    3. Can I skip IPA wipe down before application of CQLite in case a polish won't be needed? (I guess 10% alcohol to be on the safe side with the 20' Mazda3).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I will probably go with CQLite as the 1st Layer. As for the 2nd, I like the simplicity of Hydro2Lite.
    I would highly appreciate more info:
    1. Will there be a visual benefit in using Hydro2Lite over CQLite? Especially gloss wise. (Maybe I am better off with CQLite alone)
    2. What about Reload?
    3. Can I skip IPA wipe down before application of CQLite in case a polish won't be needed? (I guess 10% alcohol to be on the safe side with the 20' Mazda3).
    1. I would apply 2 layers of Lite during initial application. I don't use hydro2. But you have the option to use Reload as the last layer to protect the coating from water spots during the 5-7 day curing time. If it is not going to be exposed to water within this time I would pass on reload.

2. I am not the biggest fan of reload as it just does not last that long. Its hyrdophobic properties die off within a couple washes making it seem like the coating has failed when it is reload that has degraded. I prefer to either use Elixir and/or EcH20.

3. As I mentioned you will have to chemically strip Reload and Hydro during the decon wash process and then prep wipe the surface with Eraser prior to reapplying. I don't use IPA as it is not the best lubricant and it can swell the paint.

13. Thanks mbenji thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again Guz!
    I will not use reload/hydro2lite, I meant to ask if IPA/eraser is needed before CQuartz Lite in the very first time.

I am worrid about softening the paint and scuffing it during the IPA or Eraser process, the 2020 Mazda3 Hatch might have a soft paint and according to the link down below 10 to 25 percent of alcohol should be the way to go in general in order to avoid this issue (I wanted to go with 10% to be on the safe side).
    Eraser seems to have 30 percent (or more, 30-50% is what people report)
    Could you please elaborate on how safe is Eraser? I wanted to skip this process but the new Mazda3 will come waxed most probably.

Link: https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...3&postcount=15

Post Thanks / Like
    A prep wipe is key to have the surface clean for the coating to bond. Eraser is a safer option than IPA for the reasons I mentioned. Also just be aware that these panel preps are designed to remove polishing oils and not so much a wax.

16. Thanks mbenji thanked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast