Thread: Using Essence as a filler

Post Thanks / Like

Using Essence as a filler

Hi,
    I am about to coat my new car with CQuartz UK/Lite, I don't want to do a traditional polish, I only want to fill swirls.
    1. What is the best way to use Essence by hand in order to fill swirl marks, but to not (as much as possible) remove some of the clear coat?
    2. Is there any other filler that I can use that won't cut through the paint and still let CQuartz bond?

Thanks

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can’t answer question #1 since I use one of my polishers to apply Essence. I’m guessing you don’t have a machine? I thought I had read somewhere that doing Essence by hand required a curing period or wipe down prior to coating application. Something to do with the heat of the machine action verses lack of heat by hand?? I maybe confusing it with another product so someone else will chime in shortly.

As far as your second question, the issue you could run into is any residue, polishing oils and such, left behind from a polish/filler product that will not allow UK to adhere to the paint. Unless, of course, you plan on using Eraser or similar product to prep for the coating.
    Essence and UK are part of the same family, so to speak, and engineered together. Not to say that something else won’t work but something to keep in mind.

When I apply coatings, I want to ensure the defects are corrected. Nothing worse than to put in all that work and see defects in the paint with lights or the sun. BUT... everyone has different expectations.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

3. Thanks mbenji thanked this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I have no problem using eraser, if there would be a filler to use before applying Cquartz that would be awesome, if not I would love to know how can I maximize Essence filling ability while minimizing its "cutting" ability.

5. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't expect a miracle in the filling department. It will fill in minor things and I mean minor things. Also polishing does not remove as much clear as one thinks. Essence has the lowest cut of the abrasive polishes CarPro offers.

7. Thanks mbenji thanked this post
    Likes mbenji, fdresq4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Can you coat over Essence+..as it has more fillers than Essence alone. I know you can coat over Essence, but can you coat over Essence+??
    I know Sandro from Car Craft Detailing showed that he has done it on his channel. I just used it but topped it off with a spray coating. Who knows if longevity is affected.