Thread: Cquartz 3.0 to reload or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz 3.0 to reload or not?

Hi guys just completed a cquartz ceramic coating (2 coats) after a compound/polish and have a general question regarding curing with/without reload.

The car is currently garaged following a late night coating and there doesn't appear to be any streaks, the coating was slightly tough to buff but removed fine and looks great.

Do I need to use reload or if the car is to remain garaged for a week following the application can I skip the reload untill the next wash? I haven't really found a similar question but have seen mixed suggestions in different scenarios. My understanding is the reload is a sacrificial layer applied ontop of the ceramic to prevent the ceramic curing with water spots. Would it still be advisable to apply the reload after the 7 days to prevent water spotting? Or what other benefit would this have?

Sorry if this is a duplication of a previously asked question but I couldn't find anything definitive for my question.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrdkrpmp View Post
    Hi guys just completed a cquartz ceramic coating (2 coats) after a compound/polish and have a general question regarding curing with/without reload.

The car is currently garaged following a late night coating and there doesn't appear to be any streaks, the coating was slightly tough to buff but removed fine and looks great.

Do I need to use reload or if the car is to remain garaged for a week following the application can I skip the reload untill the next wash? I haven't really found a similar question but have seen mixed suggestions in different scenarios. My understanding is the reload is a sacrificial layer applied ontop of the ceramic to prevent the ceramic curing with water spots. Would it still be advisable to apply the reload after the 7 days to prevent water spotting? Or what other benefit would this have?

Sorry if this is a duplication of a previously asked question but I couldn't find anything definitive for my question.

Thanks.
    You don’t have to use it if the car is going to stay in the garage for a week.

You will also be fine using it after the first wash.