Thread: Ech20 Dilution for Pre-wash spray for rinseless wash

Post Thanks / Like

Ech20 Dilution for Pre-wash spray for rinseless wash

Dear all,

since I'm not confident enough to use Ech20 as a waterless wash I want to use it as a rinseless. Now, in the description it states 1:200 as rinseless wash solution.

But I like to pre-soak the dirt -> which ratio would you use as a pre-rinseless spray? Waterless-Dilution? QD-Dilution? Some people dilute it 1:200 ?

Thanks,

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Make it simple on yourself. Just dunk your spray bottle into the rinseless solution and fill it up. Use that as a pre-soak.

The waterless wash dilution would also work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that my car quickly attracts dust after washing it with Reset and then using Elixir as a QD. It has a great shine when done and seems to assist in helping stop water spots but does seem to attract a light coating of dust quickly. I drive the car a couple of times a week and don't have time to wash it like this that often. After looking at some methods for a quick cleaning, I was thinking of trying this method.

Complete a rinseless wash using the Garry Dean method. I would first use ECH2O as a pre-soak spray. Then use a MF towel soaked in a bucket of ECH2O. Next use a MF towl that was soaked in the bucket but wrung out as a drying towel. Finally, I would use a waffle drying towel with a misting of Elixir on it. I think this method could be a way to quickly clean the car of the dust. Do you think this is reasonable and could help with eliminating my water spots since my water isn't great?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
    I find that my car quickly attracts dust after washing it with Reset and then using Elixir as a QD. It has a great shine when done and seems to assist in helping stop water spots but does seem to attract a light coating of dust quickly. I drive the car a couple of times a week and don't have time to wash it like this that often. After looking at some methods for a quick cleaning, I was thinking of trying this method.

Complete a rinseless wash using the Garry Dean method. I would first use ECH2O as a pre-soak spray. Then use a MF towel soaked in a bucket of ECH2O. Next use a MF towl that was soaked in the bucket but wrung out as a drying towel. Finally, I would use a waffle drying towel with a misting of Elixir on it. I think this method could be a way to quickly clean the car of the dust. Do you think this is reasonable and could help with eliminating my water spots since my water isn't great?
    As I mention many times in other forums. Fighting dust is a losing battle. You are changing the behavior on the surface by “rubbing” it and creating a static charge.

The wiping of the towel in this case.

The rinseless wash process sound complicated with lots of touching the paint. Lots of touching can introduce marring.

You can simply wash with EcH20 and come back with the drying aid of your choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    As I mention many times in other forums. Fighting dust is a losing battle. You are changing the behavior on the surface by “rubbing” it and creating a static charge.

The wiping of the towel in this case.

The rinseless wash process sound complicated with lots of touching the paint. Lots of touching can introduce marring.

You can simply wash with EcH20 and come back with the drying aid of your choice.
    Thanks, I will try that instead.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Lots of touching can introduce marring.
    I have tried to tell folks that on a truck forum I had belonged to but that would fall on deaf ears. They can’t understand why swirls and marring would reappear after trying new products weekly or failing to care for towels properly.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    I have tried to tell folks that on a truck forum I had belonged to but that would fall on deaf ears. They can’t understand why swirls and marring would reappear after trying new products weekly or failing to care for towels properly.
    I do understand the importance of caring for my MF towels properly and follow the instructions on cleaning them. Where I get confused is when looking at the directions for ECH2o. It seems that by following them I am not adding any additional steps of wiping the surface with a towel. I like the idea of encapsulating the dirt in the ECH2o as well as potentially limiting water spots, if possible.

For example, these are the instructions from Carpro for using ECH2o in a rinseless wash. They are similar to a waterless wash.
    Rinse-less Wash:
    Mix 3 gallons of water with 2-3 ounces of Ech2o in a bucket with Grit Guard.
    Fill another 5 gallon bucket with grit guard and ONLY clean water.
    Submerge Crazy Pile microfiber towel in the solution bucket.
    Fold towel in half and drag slowly across surface no pressure across 1/4 of a panel.
    Flip towel and do a couple other passes on the next 1/4 of panel.
    Flip towel in side out and repeat using all 4 sides to complete one panel.
    Use a separate clean soaked towel for final buffing wipe
    Use a DRY Summit 800 or suitable drying towel to dry the panel completely before moving on to next panel.
    Wash the dirty towels in your rinse bucket OR use a new towel submerged and repeat steps 3-8.
    Wash all towels in washing machine with Micro-Restore when complete.

I am not comfortable using a QD alone to remove dust but I am just now learning a bit about detailing. I was a wash and wax guy before this car.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, my comment was more a generalized agreement with Guz and not directed at you...
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend