Thread: Procedure

Post Thanks / Like

Procedure

Questions:

1. Instructiions suggests washing car followed by using "Eraser". At age 73, I don't work for hours...on anything. Can these two steps be done a section at a time when I get to that section of the car?

2. Can the orange microfiber towel and the smaller light-colored smaller towels be washed (separately w/o other items) and reused?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

What are you trying to achieve? Are you going to apply a ceramic coating? Eraser will do best on dry paint for it to work.

Which orange microfiber towel? Which small towels are you referring to (suede)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Eraser is a wipe down to insure any oils, or contaminants are removed just before coating the car. Do this just before applying the coating. Think of it as a final preparation wipe, not part of the wash process.

The applicators and the removal suede microfibre towels cannot reused. Bin them after use as they will dry with what is essential rock hard glass in them that will absolutely scratch and marr the pain if used again. They are cheap, and they are disposable.

As for doing a section of the car at time, yes you technically could, but remember that you cannot get soap or chemicals on a fresh coating or you risk its premature failure. You should try to keep the car completely dry for 48 hours after coating as well. It must cure for at least a week, so doing sections at a time will take you ages and you may ruin your hard work by washing the car too soon after coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    The orange towel for buffing was included in the kit I ordered on-line along with the 5-6 inch light pads for application. Also, I will try to do as much as I can detailing my car rather than stretching it out over many days. Lastly, I will not attempt to reuse any of the microfiber towels I have used.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I am still not sure if you are planning to apply a coating or not? You mention kit? What kit are you referring to?

Post Thanks / Like
    The CarPro kit I am planning on using on my car is "Cquartz UK 3.0 w/ Reload". The paint is already in perfect shape because I rarely drive the car and I clay-barred the vehicle earlier this year. As a matter of fact, I have only used the windshield wipers ONCE since I bought the car new 4.5 years ago! Also, in my questions, I enquired about washing and reusing the orange microfiber to buff the car after application. In a "YouTube" demonstration it made it quite clear not to reuse the MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredhere View Post
    The CarPro kit I am planning on using on my car is "Cquartz UK 3.0 w/ Reload". The paint is already in perfect shape because I rarely drive the car and I clay-barred the vehicle earlier this year. As a matter of fact, I have only used the windshield wipers ONCE since I bought the car new 4.5 years ago! Also, in my questions, I enquired about washing and reusing the orange microfiber to buff the car after application. In a "YouTube" demonstration it made it quite clear not to reuse the MF towel.
    Now I am not doubting you on the finish. But claying introduces marring that is removed by polishing. If it is a lighter colored vehicle it is less noticeable as they hide paint defects. It is not a requirement to polish, but polishing will maximize not just the appearance but also the bonding of the coating to clear paint.

One thing I will mention is to get more towels. Reference this thread on towel recommendations. But to answer your questions it is recommended to toss the towels away. In other instances people have filled a bucket with water and mixed APC into it. The towels are tossed into the bucket to soak and then washed after the coating job is completed. Some towels can come out crunchy indicating the coating has hardened into them and other times they feel ok but they are then relegated to dirty job areas like wheels, door jambs and engine bays.

The suede applicators are going to end up in the garbage can. I would recommend saving the included suede towel that comes in the kit and cutting it up to make additional suede applicators.

https://carproforum.com/showthread.p...3662#post23662

8. Likes fdresq4 liked this post