Thread: How long does it take you to apply 1 coat of Cquartz UK 3.0 Ceramic Coating?

Post Thanks / Like

How long does it take you to apply 1 coat of Cquartz UK 3.0 Ceramic Coating?

Hello Everyone

I just got done applying my 1st coat of Cquarts UK 3.0 on my 2017 Mazda CX-5.

I was planning on layering it with a second coat but the directions say's you have to layer it within 45-60 minutes

• Additional coats may be applied within 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 60 minutes. CarPro recommends 2 coats. Max Layer - 3 coats.

It took me a little over 2 hours to apply the first layer with a 40 second flash time (I am located in Houston Texas, so it's hot and humid)

I was just curious on how long does it take everyone to apply their 1st layer of ceramic coating? Also how large of an area is everyone applying?

• I was doing 2' x 2' area at the beginning then moved to a larger surface area

This is my second time apply Cquarts UK 3.0

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum!

As to your question, that’s tricky to say because of the following factors..
    1. Vehicle size
    2. Environmental conditions.
    3. Experience with applications.
    4. Any unseen circumstances.
    5. Door jambs and other unseen areas being coated?

The 2x2 is a good rule of thumb. If you have a good deal of experience and, depending on the above factors, you can tailor to your situation.

On average, I’ve taken anywhere from 1.5 hours, small compact car, to 2 hours plus. I’m kinda in the same predicament as you with the weather here in South Alabama, although you guys have us beat in temps...lol. I’m going to have an HVAC system installed in the garage. The Late Spring, Summer, and early fall are my biggest concern. Unlike when I lived up north, the it was the snow and cold.
    I know that may not be the answer your looking for but hopefully it will help!
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you fdresq4 for the reply, are you looking into a mini-split system?

A buddy of mines has a Mr.Cool mini-split in his 3 car garage and it cools his garage easily.

Is there anyway a moderator can move this thread to the Cquarts --> CQuartz UK section.

4. Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You’re very welcome, Dave!
    I am and just had my A/C guy at the house. He is pricing out two different brands that he has had really good results with.
    I’m glad to hear that your friend has had great results...very encouraging.
    We have spray foam insulation plus an insulated garage door. It’s nice to be able to go in my attic on a hot summer day and actually be able to stay up there.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend