Thread: CQUK Outdoor Application

Post Thanks / Like

CQUK Outdoor Application

I just bought a CQUK kit with Reload, and this will be my first time applying any sort of protective coating on a vehicle. I will be applying this outdoors since I do not have a garage. I also have a car cover to wrap around my car since it is always parked outdoors. It is still unopened, I am waiting to use it after my CQUK application.

Once I apply my last coat, I am wondering which one of these is the best way to go about this:
    1. Apply last coat, wait 1 hour, cover car for a week, apply Reload. Is 1 hour enough time for CQUK to dry to touch so I can use the car cover without damaging the CQUK coat?
    2. Apply last coat, wait 1 hour, apply reload, cover car for a week. How long after applying Reload should I wait until covering my car?

I live in California, the temp is usually around 70 degrees for me around this time. How long should I wait before buffing off CQUK? Im seeing people say anything between 30s to 3min to warmer summer temperatures.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. First thing I will say to skip the cover.

You are going to have to see how the coating reacts on a couple panels to give you an idea of how long you need to let it sit. Temperature and humidity play a big role.

As far as the reload application, it can be applied 1 hour after the last coat of CQUK.

Working outside is not ideal but it is possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Welcome to the forum. First thing I will say to skip the cover.

You are going to have to see how the coating reacts on a couple panels to give you an idea of how long you need to let it sit. Temperature and humidity play a big role.

As far as the reload application, it can be applied 1 hour after the last coat of CQUK.

Working outside is not ideal but it is possible.

Since I shouldnt be using the cover, would it be better to apply Reload 1 hour after the last coat? The instructions say you can also wait 12+ hours to apply Reload, but I'm parked outside so I'm guessing I should apply Reload as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! What are the effects of this cover, and how long it lasts? Can I use it with any vehicle? I would really like to cover my RV with some sort of protection to prevent it from getting rusty and leaky. What would you recommend? I don't have a garage or a carport for my RV yet, and it has to be outside 24/7. I have a very good sunproof vehicle cover for it, but I'm afraid that might not be enough because the weather in my area is quite unpredictable. I need to keep the vehicle protected from the sun, rain, dust, and rust.
    Are there any covers you can recommend in particular? And how do they influence the car paint?
    Last edited by klauswoolhouse; 09-22-2022 at 10:14 AM.