Thread: Essence question

Post Thanks / Like

Essence question

Hey folks,

I'm new to carpro, and have been experimenting with a couple different products.

Love reload and hydrofoam.

I want to try essence or reflect, but I'm not sure what to follow up with since I don't think either of those products offer any form of protection or sealant.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a ceramic coating yet, I want to get to know the carpro line a little better before I try it myself.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richard.proctor View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm new to carpro, and have been experimenting with a couple different products.

Love reload and hydrofoam.

I want to try essence or reflect, but I'm not sure what to follow up with since I don't think either of those products offer any form of protection or sealant.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a ceramic coating yet, I want to get to know the carpro line a little better before I try it myself.

Thanks!

They do not leave protection behind. They are both finishing polishes. The difference between the two is that Essence deposits a layer of SiO2 on the surface and is considered a primer polish for the CarPro coatings. It contains the same abrasives as Reflect but just less of them.

You have a few options. Invest in one of the cquartz coatings or top it with Reload which you are familiar with. If you are looking to venture into coatings, then Cquartz Lite would be the option to go with.

Another option is you could top Essence with Essence Plus where Essence Plus would act like a sealant.

3. Likes richard.proctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    They do not leave protection behind. They are both finishing polishes. The difference between the two is that Essence deposits a layer of SiO2 on the surface and is considered a primer polish for the CarPro coatings. It contains the same abrasives as Reflect but just less of them.

You have a few options. Invest in one of the cquartz coatings or top it with Reload which you are familiar with. If you are looking to venture into coatings, then Cquartz Lite would be the option to go with.

Another option is you could top Essence with Essence Plus where Essence Plus would act like a sealant.
    Awesome, thank you!

So I would use essence or reflect, and then top it with a ceramic coating?
    Or other way around, top the ceramic coating with one of these

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richard.proctor View Post

So I would use essence or reflect, and then top it with a ceramic coating?
    That is correct. If you want to add a little more gloss then Essence would be the way to go as the silica will cure as well as add a bit more durability to the coating. But the paint looks great even with Reflect topped with a coating.

Essence is great for those softer paints where a panel wipe is not needed as it can marr the surface.

6. Likes richard.proctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    That is correct. If you want to add a little more gloss then Essence would be the way to go as the silica will cure as well as add a bit more durability to the coating. But the paint looks great even with Reflect topped with a coating.

Essence is great for those softer paints where a panel wipe is not needed as it can marr the surface.
    Awesome.
    Thanks for the tips!

I think I'll try the cquartz lite, and see how it goes.