Thread: What is you favorite Sky's The Limit Car Care product?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What is you favorite Sky's The Limit Car Care product?

Yes, I know I have a lot of STL favorites.

What I would like you to do is post one of them each day.
    I will post one of mine each day. What and Why.

I'm sure all will find it interesting.

We'll see...there may be a give-away at the end...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll start...

CarPro Gloss Pad 5"

This is a favorite pad of mine.
    It leaves a clear and crisp finish.

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I’ll play!

https://www.carpro-us.com/more-categ...tary-polisher/

My favorite rotary polisher! While The Flex pe14 is also very nice, I like this just a bit better. The progressive trigger really shines on the rotary. Light weight and just all around a solid machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Cool. I’ll play!

https://www.carpro-us.com/more-categ...tary-polisher/

My favorite rotary polisher! While The Flex pe14 is also very nice, I like this just a bit better.
    The progressive trigger really shines on the rotary. Lightweight and just all around a solid machine.
    Just out of curiosity...What backing plate size and pads do you like for the Rupes rotary?

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Just out of curiosity...What backing plate size and pads do you like for the Rupes rotary?

3,5,6 and 7 inch

Generally running wool or foamed wool. When using foam, I tend to stick to pads in the 1.25 inch thickness range.

Post Thanks / Like
    CarPro CeriGlass Polish 150ml (5oz)

Post Thanks / Like
    Man. trying to chose a favourite carpro product is like telling which of your children in your favourite one...

My pick of the day though is TarX - perhaps a strange choice as a favourite, but its recently bowled me over. It used to sit in the back of my shelf for the odd bit of road tar or masking tape adhesive, and recently came out to decon wash my wife's new (used) car, and it did a superb job of removing embedded grime. I recently had a SMART repair done on my own car, and due to some high winds, and a less than ideal masking job 1/3 of the hood, windshield, rood and front bumper caught some overspray of clear coat, which on a car that is my absolute pride and joy, and has near perfect paint, and is of course ceramic coated I was really upset by it. Though the painter did a superb job on the repair, I really didn't want him polishing off my coating and swirling up my paint, so I said I'd take care of it myself. After a test section with a carpro orange pad and some essence the overspray came off fairly easy, but of course took the cquartz off with it. So before moving to my 5" pad to crack on with the job I picked up my bottle of TarX and gave a section a squirt, and much to my amazement (and relief) the overspray came right of! After a huge sigh of relief I set to removing the rest of it, spraying. TarX on, a short dwell and gently wiping off with a wet wash mitt and some reset. After that I rinsed the car, and watched as the beading and water shedding on that section of the car was far more impressive than the untouched section. My cquartz coating is about 10 months old now and still extremely hydrophobic, but after a TarX wipedown it was back to, if not better than the first time I washed the car after ceramic coating it. I'd never bothered with a 6 month decontamination wash as the car doesn't get used that much, but WOW what a differance after a quick spray and wipe of TarX.

So I'm now a great fan or the product, and highly recommend anyone to keep a bottle on the self for decontamination. And if dealing with paint/clearcoat overspray, grab it before you start polishing the car. It saved me a ton of time and grief!