Thread: CQuartz Finest "Repair" and Maintenance

Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz Finest "Repair" and Maintenance

Hi all, so I recently purchased a car that was coated with CQuartz finest reserve around 3 years ago.

It is clear to me that the previous owner did not follow proper wash and maintenance techniques which has resulted in the car having some prevalent swirls and water marks.

As a fix for now, I intend doing the following:

1. Wash with Reset
    2. Iron X
    3. Tar X
    4. Polish with Essence +

Can I top the coating with CQuartz Lite or would finest repel it?.

Will try to post some pics of paint condition soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not recommended to coat of Essence Plus. You may want to consider starting fresh if you want to remove the swirls and water marks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is not recommended to coat of Essence Plus. You may want to consider starting fresh if you want to remove the swirls and water marks.
    What about Gliss?.

Should I use the gloss pad or a polishing pad with Essence Plus?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devzo View Post
    What about Gliss?.

Should I use the gloss pad or a polishing pad with Essence Plus?.
    Same thing as I mentioned. I pulled this from the product page. The filling capability of Essence Plus has its limits. It is not a miracle product. Reload will also fill a bit.

https://www.carpro-us.com/compounds/...-1-liter-34oz/

Q. Can I use Essence Plus underneath CQuartz like I did with Essence?
    A. No, this is not a primer like Essence is. Coatings will not bond on top! If used in-conjunction with a coating, this goes on top, not bottom.

Q. If I want to use it on a damaged coating, should I use a microfiber pad and machine?
    A. No, the microfiber pad is abrasive and will remove the coating! You want to use only a CarPro Gloss Pad as directed, or use by hand as directed. If that is not sufficient then you would be better off switching to CarPro Essence and other methods.

Q. Can I use Reload over the top of Essence Plus?
    A. Yes!

Post Thanks / Like
    As Guz has said you would be better to start over. Polish/compound the car and get rid of the scratches and swirls and then coat the car with a ceramic of your choice. Essence+ has some filling properties and some hydrophobics, but it's not going to heal the coating, or perform like a coating. It's a decent stop gap if you have no option to do it properly.

6. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How was your experience? Did you do the coating with CQuartz Lite? As I have also purchased a car recently and have almost same issues.