Thread: Carpro Inside vs Multi X

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Inside vs Multi X

Hey I am slowly gravitating my detailing arsenal to Carpro and I just picked up Inside as my interior cleaner. I was still debating on either getting a APC that can be used inside, engine bay etc vs a interior only product but I stumbled onto Inside and ordered it before seeing CarPro MultiX

Now my question would be, is there any actual difference between these 2 products or once my Inside is all used up you think MultiX would be a pretty good option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    Hey I am slowly gravitating my detailing arsenal to Carpro and I just picked up Inside as my interior cleaner. I was still debating on either getting an APC that can be used inside, engine bay, etc vs an interior only product but I stumbled onto Inside and ordered it before seeing CarPro Multi-X

Now my question would be, is there any actual difference between these 2 products, or once my Inside is all used up you think MultiX would be a pretty good option?
    Short Answer:
    IMHO I will not use an APC on the interior of a vehicle.
    Yes, there is a difference between Inside and Multi-X.
    I have had very good results with Carpro Inside on the interior.
    I generally do not suggest using Multi-X on the interior of a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Short Answer:
    IMHO I will not use an APC on the interior of a vehicle.
    Yes, there is a difference between Inside and Multi-X.
    I have had very good results with Carpro Inside on the interior.
    I generally do not suggest using Multi-X on the interior of a vehicle.
    First of all that's interesting to read, from what I found is that most people in the industry would use a APC for interior, carpet shampoo and things like that.

I'd also like to know what's different in like how the product is formulate between MultiX and Inside just like from a curiosity standpoint. Are they different main ingredients or? I'm unable to find the CarPro SDS sheets for the products.

That said, I might do like you and keep inside to inside stuff and just get MultiX for like other areas for example the engine bay or heavy door jam cleaning (I currently use SuperClean for that but I don't like that it's like more strong than a APC).

One thing I'm not 100% sure, is can Inside be used to carpet shampoo?

Post Thanks / Like
    The pH of a solution is a measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions in the solution.
    A solution with a high number of hydrogen ions is acidic and has a low pH value.
    A solution with a high number of hydroxide ions is basic and has a high pH value.
    The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14, with a pH of 7 being neutral.
    water pH = 7,0 = neutral

I am not a chemist and I can not tell you the chemical composition between Inside or Multi-X If I even knew it.

However, IIRC most APC products are high on the pH scale. Here's where you may have a problem.

I've seen where APC used on floor mats have cleaned the grime out and they looked great...however...
    Later when the owner got in his vehicle with wet muddy shoes it reactivated the dried APC.
    This caused the mud to permanently stain the floor mats and it could not be removed.

I've also seen APC used on the plastic in front of the Speedo/ODO on the dash.
    This caused the plastic cover to fog and the only way the replace it was to remove the dash.

So IMHO I would ONLY use a cleaner the is as close to pH neutral as possible.
    I have not had a problem using Inside on any interior surfaces of a vehicle.

Someone with more knowledge of the pH levels should chime in.
    My results with Carpro Inside have been good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The pH of a solution is a measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions in the solution.
    A solution with a high number of hydrogen ions is acidic and has a low pH value.
    A solution with a high number of hydroxide ions is basic and has a high pH value.
    The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14, with a pH of 7 being neutral.
    water pH = 7,0 = neutral

I am not a chemist and I can not tell you the chemical composition between Inside or Multi-X If I even knew it.

However, IIRC most APC products are high on the pH scale. Here's where you may have a problem.

I've seen where APC used on floor mats have cleaned the grime out and they looked great...however...
    Later when the owner got in his vehicle with wet muddy shoes it reactivated the dried APC.
    This caused the mud to permanently stain the floor mats and it could not be removed.

I've also seen APC used on the plastic in front of the Speedo/ODO on the dash.
    This caused the plastic cover to fog and the only way the replace it was to remove the dash.

So IMHO I would ONLY use a cleaner the is as close to pH neutral as possible.
    I have not had a problem using Inside on any interior surfaces of a vehicle.

Someone with more knowledge of the pH levels should chime in.
    My results with Carpro Inside have been good.
    Interesting. I guess I'd have to have a look at the datasheet of MultiX. I checked the pH of SuperClean and Meguiar D101 (D101 being VERY popular used) and they are both around 13. But when you dillute these with water wouldn't that bring the pH considerably lower? That's why for example, MultiX says interior should be dilluted to 1 part MultiX and 20 to 30 parts water. I heard some staining by SuperCLean but that's just because it's made with Sodium Hydroxide and D101 is not and haven't heard bad stuff about that either.

I also read that, APC used on floor mat will dirty again.... in Larry NYC video but only once. If using a carpet extractor wouldn't it remove all the product though?

I looked at inside as well found the SDS and the PH level says is 10.8 .

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to note is Multix is not recommended for leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    One thing to note is Multix is not recommended for leather.
    Oh well in this case then I think we've found a good combo. I'll keep Inside and just get MultiX for other usage.

I guess I'll eperiment with CarPro Inside and see how well it does for Carpet shampoo and a extractor.

One thing I'm not sure though is Inside say to not spray directly onto leather? What would be the difference between spraying on brush then brush or just spraying on leather directly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    One thing I'm not sure though is Inside say to not spray directly onto leather? What would be the difference between spraying on brush then brush or just spraying on leather directly.
    Not sure if this is necessary the reason Carpro says not to spray Inside directly on the leather but, I have heard car leather's color and or darkness is slightly affected by many leather products (and even water to some degree) and it is much more noticeable when sprayed on the leather. On the other hand, it will be much less noticeable (probably not at all) if it is sprayed onto a towel or foam applicator and applied that way. I know this is true with quality calf skin dress shoes. Along with detailing cars, I keep my Allen Edmond dress shoes impeccable with Sapphir shoe care products. Curious if a Carpro employee will comment on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, multix is not recommended for leather
    Are you looking to get a loan in Pakistan? On GreenPaisa, you will find information and guidance regarding all types of loans available in Pakistan, including home, student, personal, car, and business loans.
    Gold Loan in Pakistan
    Mobile on Installment in Pakistan
    Loan APPs in Pakistan

Post Thanks / Like
    What specific characteristics or features make Carpro Inside and MultiX suitable or unsuitable for different surfaces, particularly when considering pH levels and their impact on materials like leather?