Thread: CarPro SiC - Compatible with Essence?

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro SiC - Compatible with Essence?

Gonna give the new SiC a try when it becomes available. Will using Essence prior to coating with SiC be compatible as it is with your other coatings?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a user forum mate, so no one here will have tried SiC yet to give you accurate info. Best contact Carpro global with that particular question. Odds are it's fine to use essence as a base, but it is really critical that you get heat into essence when polishing if it's used as a primer. It could cause issues with longevity of the coating if it does not bond well. They say no to apply by hand, but that likely would extend to a soft pad application and wipe off without really getting it worked in to the panel.

Personally I think carpro coatings are so good, it's just best to use a polish that leaves nothing behind at all (like carpro fixer) and apply the coating to a clean, bare panel. It's not worth it IMO to put a long life coating over a sort live AIO polish. Essence on its own is a brilliant product though.

3. Thanks budgetplan1 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyRS3 View Post
    This is a user forum mate, so no one here will have tried SiC yet to give you accurate info. Best contact Carpro global with that particular question. Odds are it's fine to use essence as a base, but it is really critical that you get heat into essence when polishing if it's used as a primer. It could cause issues with longevity of the coating if it does not bond well. They say no to apply by hand, but that likely would extend to a soft pad application and wipe off without really getting it worked in to the panel.

Personally I think carpro coatings are so good, it's just best to use a polish that leaves nothing behind at all (like carpro fixer) and apply the coating to a clean, bare panel. It's not worth it IMO to put a long life coating over a sort live AIO polish. Essence on its own is a brilliant product though.
    Figr'd someone here might know but alas, too early it seems.

Not so much about functionality, really. Just enjoy using Essence and since I'm gonna give the SiC a try, figrd (hopefully) to use Essence and the gloss pads again.

Last time I used UK3 + Gliss V2, the final polish with the Essence/Gloss pad combo was truly an enjoyable experience, best part of the entire application process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should work fine as it is still a silica based coating that is infused with SiC.

6. Thanks budgetplan1 thanked this post