Thread: Hydro2 as topper for CQ UK 3.0?

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro2 as topper for CQ UK 3.0?

Hi all, I've just applied 2 coats of CQ UK 3.0 on my car. In terms of maintenance and toppers going forward I see that Carpro suggest Reload and that's what many users on forums go with.

I have previously used Hydro2 and enjoy its performance but above all else its ease of application. I've done some searching but can't seem to find many people that use this combo and wondering if there was any particularly reason for this.

Do people have any thoughts of Hydro2 as an alternative to Reload over CQ UK 3.0...would one be significantly better than the other?

My plan would be to use the Hydro2 every 3-6 months after a wash with Reset as my ongoing shampoo (hopefully would be able to wash the car every 2-4 weeks, time permitting).

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s going to be personal preference I feel you like using hydro2 as a maintenance then keep using it. Or you can alternate with Reload or Elixir as well hydro2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers for the reply mate. I suppose my question was whether Hydro2 was suitable over Cquartz. My understanding was some coatings can be finicky with other products over them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will be fine. Product synergy is there since you are staying within the CarPro family. The only time you don't want to use it is after you finish applying the coating as the coating needs to stay free from water. But after the first wash you are good to go. Now you don't want to go and use hydro2 and reload so often as having too much silica is not a good thing as it can make the appearance look cloudy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You will be fine. Product synergy is there since you are staying within the CarPro family. The only time you don't want to use it is after you finish applying the coating as the coating needs to stay free from water. But after the first wash you are good to go. Now you don't want to go and use hydro2 and reload so often as having too much silica is not a good thing as it can make the appearance look cloudy.
    Music to my ears. Thanks Guz!

6. Likes The Guz liked this post