Thread: Echo2

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Echo2

Hello everyone,

I'm new to detailing. PLEASE HELP!!! I live where it snows so that brings salt and other products that are on the road, onto the car. I don't have a garage and only access to water in the winter i have is a coin do it yourself wash bay that you drive into and use a wand with high pressure just like a pressure washer. I bought Echo2 and diluted it 1/10. I'm confused here. My car has dried salt on it and whatever else comes with driving on the winter roads. What is the best steps to cleaning the salt off and to min the marring on the paint? Should i knock off the heavy salt layer with water and then use the echo2 and leave it like that? Can i just spray the echo2 onto the paint and then wipe it off the paint and leave it like that? Should i just spray it onto a mf towel and then wipe the paint off and then leave it like that? What's the best way. Thank you all for reading and giving me advise. It's greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I am out in Southern California so I don't have to deal with snow. But I have seen others who live in harsher climates go to the coin operated wash to pressure wash the built up grime and they take their washing materials with them to not use the brush from that coin wash. Then they proceed with their drying process with a drying aid or followed up with a maintenance product.

If you intend to do a rinseless wash or waterless wash I imagine you are going to go through many towels to limit the amount of swirls and scratches.

Here are a couple videos that may help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually just spray it on the car’s surface and then wipe it with a wet wipe. I don’t know whether it’s right or wrong, but I do it this way.
    I also had some scratches from the garage door, and it helped me to get rid of them too. I have just installed new doors from https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/garage-doors/, and I forgot that the new frame was wider than the old one. This caused me to get some small scratches on the car’s surface, and this solution helped me to hide them somehow. Maybe it managed to polish the surface somehow; I don’t know.
    Last edited by accidentaljosh; 08-29-2022 at 10:21 AM.