Thread: How to use Infrared curing lamps for Ceramic Coatings?

Certified Professional Installer
    Post Thanks / Like

How to use Infrared curing lamps for Ceramic Coatings?

Hi all, i looked all over the web but i cant seem to find any info on this topic.

How long should you heat a panel for and at what temperature?

What distance away should yiu do it for?

The coating being used is carpro cquartz professional...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fareez View Post
    Hi all, i looked all over the web but i cant seem to find any info on this topic.

How long should you heat a panel for and at what temperature?

What distance away should you do it for?

The coating being used is Carpro CQuartz professional...
    I believe the recommended temperature is 140 degrees Fahrenheit/60 degrees Celsius.

Depending on the short wave IR light the SW/IR light may have a temperature gauge built-in.
    Temperature can also be measured with a simple Infrared Laser Thermometer.

IIRC the recommended time is 20 minutes per panel at 140F/60 Celsius.

Also, I'm not sure if curing with a Short Wave IR is required with CQuartz Professional.
    Although it does do hurt it to do so. It is required with CQuartz Finest Reserve.

Again, depending on the SW IR light, the distance is relative to maintaining the correct temperature.
    Meaning closer and further away depends on the distance for maintaining the 140F and 60 Celsius.
    Short version: Too close too hot, farther away not hot enough. Use the Infrared Laser Thermometer to measure.

3. Thanks budgetplan1 thanked this post
    Certified Professional Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I believe the recommended temperature is 140 degrees Fahrenheit/60 degrees Celsius.

Depending on the short wave IR light the SW/IR light may have a temperature gauge built-in.
    Temperature can also be measured with a simple Infrared Laser Thermometer.

IIRC the recommended time is 20 minutes per panel at 140F/60 Celsius.

Also, I'm not sure if curing with a Short Wave IR is required with CQuartz Professional.
    Although it does do hurt it to do so. It is required with CQuartz Finest Reserve.

Again, depending on the SW IR light, the distance is relative to maintaining the correct temperature.
    Meaning closer and further away depends on the distance for maintaining the 140F and 60 Celsius.
    Short version: Too close too hot, farther away not hot enough. Use the Infrared Laser Thermometer to measure.

Great info thanks man