Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detail training

Post Thanks / Like

Detail training

How can I get formal training on how to install CarPro products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Are you looking to become a certified CarPro installer? Or just interested in using their products? Sometimes the best way to learn is to just jump in and try the available products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I’d like to try the products. Currently looking at starting my own detailing business. If I could find official training I would like to.

Post Thanks / Like

Detail training

You can buy the products you are I retested and try them out. That’s how some of us learned the products. At least that’s how I did.

If you are not familiar with paint correction or any sort of polishing then you may want to invest in a junkyard hood to practice on.

Rupes has a good video series right now but mostly on their product range. But it will give you the basics to understand.

Detailing is rather easy to pick up. Just labor intensive.

Autogeek offers classes here and there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks For your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you from I may can help you if you are from Washington Dc Area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Autogeek offers classes here and there.

Has anyone taken the Autogeek class? Worth the time and money? Would prefer a class specific to Carpro products but would consider Autogeeks class as a second option.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're interested in getting formal training on how to install CarPro products, there are a few options available:

Attend a training event: CarPro offers regular training events for professional detailers and installers. These events cover a range of topics, including product selection, application techniques, and troubleshooting. You can check the CarPro website or contact their customer service team to find out about upcoming training events in your area.

Take an online course: CarPro also offers online training courses for detailers and installers. These courses cover the same material as the in-person training events, but are delivered in a self-paced, online format. You can access these courses through the CarPro website.

Seek out a local installer: If you're not a professional detailer or installer yourself, you may be able to find a local professional who has been trained in CarPro products. Contact your local auto detailing shops or search online for professional installers in your area. You can ask them about their experience with CarPro products and whether they offer any training or certification programs.

No matter which option you choose, getting formal training in how to install CarPro products can help you achieve the best possible results and ensure that you're using the products correctly and safely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edmondpogi View Post
    Attend a training event: CarPro offers regular training events for professional detailers and installers. These events cover a range of topics, including product selection, application techniques, and troubleshooting. You can check the CarPro website or contact their customer service team to find out about upcoming training events in your area.
    Do you know if these are only open for full time detailers or can weekend warriors who want to move to CarPro products take them?

Quote Originally Posted by edmondpogi View Post
    Take an online course: CarPro also offers online training courses for detailers and installers. These courses cover the same material as the in-person training events, but are delivered in a self-paced, online format. You can access these courses through the CarPro website.

My preference would person to person training but this sounds pretty good too.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentinLouisville View Post
    Has anyone taken the Autogeek class? Worth the time and money? Would prefer a class specific to Carpro products but would consider Autogeeks class as a second option.
    I know it’s an old post but…
    Back in 2018 I did the Autogeek 3 day Boat Camp class. Mike Phillips was still there. The following year I did the Boat class, again, Mike Phillips was still there.

IMO, the class was worth it. 3 solid days of hands-on training. Mike made you work…which was great? Friday and Saturday we started earlier than was scheduled, both days were 10 hours or so.
    Sunday we started early but was finished by 1600.
    I don’t know if it’s still done but Mike held a dinner meet and greet on Saturday. Very relaxed hang out at the hotel nearby that offered a discount rate. That was a good time.

I know Mike is now at McKee 37 and is doing classes with Nick Rutter. May want to look into that. I haven’t done a class with the new folks at Autogeek.

Hope this helps…
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast