Thread: Review - CQuartz Leather 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CQuartz Leather 2.0

I recently had the chance to try out the new formulation of the CQuartz leather coating. Avi was gracious enough to send me this along with some of the other new 2021 products.

Product Link: https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/c...-2-0-30ml-kit/

Product Description:

We are proud to announce CQUARTZ Leather 2.0, which is a natural evolution of the world-renowned leather and vinyl coating – CQ Leather.

​The new formula is water-based and therefore safe to use on all types of leather, including Nappa leather. The new Leather 2.0 only improves on the hydrophobic, self-cleaning properties, as well as resistance to UV, denim dye coloring, abrasion and stains.
    HOW TO USE

• Thoroughly clean all dirt, moisture, and oils from leather with CARPRO Inside, which leaves no sealant or dressing. Wipe with a damp towel to remove residue if needed.
    • Shake well. Pour a line of Leather 2.0 on the applicator sponge.
    • Work CQUARTZ Leather 2.0 into the leather including all creases and pores.
    • Gently wipe off any excess within 2-3 minutes.
    • Let the coating dry for: 1h at 25°C or 2h at 15°C. We strongly advise using a fan as a drying aid, especially at lower temps.
    • Apply a second layer after: 30 min (with fan); 1h (at 25°C); 2h (at 15°C).

Touch-dry time: 4 hours
    Full drying time: 12 hours.
    Do not clean the leather during first 3 days.

Their is an instruction manual with the product that describes the prep and application. Straight forward.

Unlike the previous version, this one does not come with a suede applicator. Instead it is used with the foam block applicator. This also comes with a pump sprayer and can be used that way. I chose to use it with the included typical coating dropper.

Overall the coating is easy to use and leaves the leather with a nice finish. It will darken the leather as seen in the photo. It will feel slick. Not slick where one will be sliding around but slick enough to help with the abrasion protection it offers.

I could not find the durability claims of this new version. I am going to take a guess and say that the 1 to 2 years still applies.

I don't have durability updates as it needs long term use. But if it is like my past experience with the previous version, then 1 year would be my estimate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some additional info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though the thread is a bit old, I wanna add that the new CQuartz Leather 2.0 is a water-based formula, making it safe for all types of leather, including Nappa leather. They've improved their hydrophobic and self-cleaning properties, along with enhanced resistance to UV, denim dye coloring, abrasion, and stains.
    Applying it is pretty straightforward. Make sure to clean the leather thoroughly with CARPRO Inside, then grab that applicator sponge and work the CQuartz Leather 2.0 into every nook and cranny. Wipe off any excess within a few minutes, and let it dry for the recommended time.
    If anyone wants more info or to explore other interesting products, don't forget to check out vonbaer.com. They've got some cool stuff to offer!
    Last edited by herorules23; 06-26-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by herorules23 View Post
    Even though the thread is a bit old, I wanna add that the new CQuartz Leather 2.0 is a water-based formula, making it safe for all types of leather, including Nappa leather. They've improved their hydrophobic and self-cleaning properties, along with enhanced resistance to UV, denim dye coloring, abrasion, and stains.
    Thanks. You are correct. Avi in the posted snapshots mentioned that as well.