Thread: Is Spotless will be degraded of the coating Cquartz?

Post Thanks / Like

Is Spotless will be degraded of the coating Cquartz?

Hi There,

Could you please share your thought about spotless product..

1. Is Spotless will be degraded the coating of Cquartz?

2. Any next step need to apply after using spotless product?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it a couple times and I have had mixed results with it. Meaning sometimes it doesn't affect the coating and other times it does. So it is hard for me to give you the correct answer. If it does affect the hydrophobic properties of the coating you could always top it with Elixir or Reload quite often or polish and reapply.

I found that most of these water spot removers don't really work unless the spots are fresh. Other than that they don't really do much for older spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I used it a couple times and I have had mixed results with it. Meaning sometimes it doesn't affect the coating and other times it does. So it is hard for me to give you the correct answer. If it does affect the hydrophobic properties of the coating you could always top it with Elixir or Reload quite often or polish and reapply.

I found that most of these water spot removers don't really work unless the spots are fresh. Other than that they don't really do much for older spots.
    Thanks Guz for your thought..
    Unfortunately i don’t have elixir or reload on hand. Is there any option to replace them?

Or any other product to remove the water spots (fresh or old) if you can suggest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any silica spray sealant will do just fine.

Unfortunately most don't work unless they are fresh just as I mentioned. You could try spotless but if that does not work then you are going to have to polish and reapply the coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any silica spray sealant will do just fine.

Unfortunately most don't work unless they are fresh just as I mentioned. You could try spotless but if that does not work then you are going to have to polish and reapply the coating.
    Cool.

So, will try and let’s see.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Spotless 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like
    1. According to the product description, Spotless is a cleaner designed to remove stubborn stains and contaminants from painted surfaces, glass, and wheels. It is safe for use on surfaces protected with CQuartz coatings. However, it is always a good idea to perform a spot test in an inconspicuous area to ensure compatibility before applying it to the entire surface.

2. It is recommended to rinse the surface thoroughly with water after using Spotless and then dry it with a clean microfiber towel. Depending on your desired level of protection, you may want to apply a protective coating like CQuartz after cleaning the surface with Spotless.

Keep in mind that the specific steps and precautions may vary depending on the type of surface you are cleaning and the condition of the surface. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and use caution when working with any chemicals or cleaning products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spotless is specially designed for safe use on surfaces protected by CQuartz coatings. I never had any problems with him. But I always do a spot test on an inconspicuous area before applying Spotless all over to ensure compatibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any chance that the older spots that were not removed are the etching left over in the paint from the minerals in the spot? I ask that because I have had the same experience with spot removers (i.e. they work great when the spots are fresh, not so much for older spots) and when I was discussing this with another detailer, he mentioned I may be seeing etching left over from the minerals in the spot which a spot remover will not remove, the spot remover will only prevent further etching.

Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to etching on paintwork, polishing compounds such as Meguiar's Ultimate Compound can be used. This is an abrasive material that is designed to eliminate surface defects, including light etching.