Hi,

I'm new to this forum and first time DIY to ceramic coating. I just purchased a new vehicle and told the dealership to not touch it. Leave everything as is and I'll detail it myself. I almost regret it because its in the middle of winter here and it was miserable detailing it in freezing temps (20-30 degrees F) but still fulfilling.

I bought a big SUV and it has been a big pain.

Question is, I finally applied the CQuartz UK 3.0 last night after spending days going through the process of wash, decon with ironx, clay, polish and erase. It was roughly between 20-30 degrees F and I bought a 50ML bottle that came with reload. My original plan was to put on two coats, but it took me nearly 4-5 hours to put on the first coat. My understanding is when it shows a rainbows tint, that means it has flashed. There were some areas that seem to never flash. I've even waiting in some areas about 15 minutes and it still didn't flash completely but I still wiped off. I never really felt much of the "grabby" feeling when leveling the ceramic coat so did I do this wrong? Did I just waste all that ceramic coat and time by leveling and buffing too early? I thought I almost waited too long as some areas would show the rainbow tint within 1-2 minutes and some never would happen.

I of course missed my window to apply a second coat but in the freezing temp, it was miserable and really don't feeling like continuing in the cold. I haven't used the reload yet as it hasn't been 24 hours yet. What are the recommendations to continue as well on top of my questions above. I am debating to wait till spring time (a couple months) to add a second coat if that is at all possible? Can I still use the reload if its been 24 hours? What is the recommended cure time for this low of a temp? This week is also supposed to get close to the single digits and I've had my car garaged for a week now and am eager to drive my new car (I haven't drove it since I bought it and it's killing me!). Can I wait to add a second coat in a couple months and let this one coat ride? how about adding reload on top if its still within 24 hours given the temp?

I really appreciate your time and thank you for reading through my rant and questions.

-Cheers