I recently picked up a bottle of ECH2O to give it a try, and my first impressions were great. Worked great at multiple dilutions for multiple purposes, worked on coated and uncoated surfaces, left a nice gloss, didn't make unpainted surfaces look weird, could even (really! not just in a marketing fever dream!) be used in the blazing Phoenix sun with great results... I was on cloud nine. I was ready to order the gallon jug of this unicorn all-in-wonder.

And then I used it this morning on a hood topped with ol' trusty Meguiar's M21 Synthetic Sealant.

Far from my previous results, the ECH2O (at around 1:12) worked great initially, allowing me to easily and harmlessly wipe up some dust and sap. But in its wake it quickly left behind a major haze — clearly in the pattern of the sealant application, not the ECH2O wipe — that had to be broken off like a traditional paste wax. The M21 was well past its Meguiar's-approved cure time and was applied to clean paint.

I'm aware ECH2O can haze, and I encountered it many times in my earlier testing. But that was always an ultra-light haze solved with a quick, no-pressure swipe with a microfiber. Would this tougher, stubborn haze still be considered normal, or am I looking at a specific product incompatibility? Is a WW-level dilution just generally too strong for non-ceramic products? If anybody's got ideas, I'm all ears.