Thread: Cquartz Lite wiping off difficulty?

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz Lite wiping off difficulty?

I applied Cquartz lite yesterday for the first time. I applied a small amount of Lite to a small section using the applicator in the kit. I used the MF towel in the kit to wipe off the product immediately after applying it. I found the product was grabbing the MF towel and was very difficult to wipe off to the point of no streaking left on the paint. All the video's I watched made it look like the product went on and wiped off easily. It took all day just to get one coat done. Is this normal??? I followed all the prep instructions. Weather was cloudy, cool and no humidity. I did purchase the product from Amazon last July and it was not opened until yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Cquartz lite has a 1 year shelf life. It gets harder to use just as you described. Sounds like it has reached that point. Mine became unusable around 8 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reply. There are 2 dates listed on the bottom of the bottle. In US format the dates are 09-11-19 and 09-10-21 on the Lite bottle. I also purchased Gliss at the same time. The US format dates on that bottle are 04-27-20 and 04-26-22. Looks like the actual expiration date or unusable date of an unopened bottle is a lot less than what the bottle states