Thread: Decon products for ceramic coating

Post Thanks / Like

Decon products for ceramic coating

I have a 2020 Durango SRT that was professional coated with Cquartz Finest about a year ago. After a long nasty winter in Alaska, the lower half of the vehicle has embedded contamination I need to remove. I use reset for my washes and just used Iron X, but still have a lot of dirt i can feel. What products do you recommend that are safe for the ceramic coating but will also remove the contamination?

My installed recommended clay bar then Reload. From what I’ve read that will affect the original coating. Another local detailed told me to use Gtecniq W7 - but it can’t be used on any PPF and can severely damage plastics.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. CarPro has some new How to Maintain books and in the books they refer to the decontaminate using Lift or Multi-X along with an iron remover which you already used.

The issue with a clay bar is that it has the potential to marr (swirl) the surface. The only way to remove marring is with polishing and that will impact or remove the coating.

I cover the booklet in this video I just put up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Welcome to the forum. CarPro has some new How to Maintain books and in the books they refer to the decontaminate using Lift or Multi-X along with an iron remover which you already used.

The issue with a clay bar is that it has the potential to marr (swirl) the surface. The only way to remove marring is with polishing and that will impact or remove the coating.

I cover the booklet in this video I just put up.

^ Agreed. Do not use an abrasive on a ceramic coating (clay bar, polymerized rubber decon mitt, polish, etc.)

Not to hijack the thread...I'm really looking forward to your application process, results ("look"), etc. for CQUARTZ Blackout - Tire & Rubber Coating.