Thread: Best way to fix water spots on CQuartz coating

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Question Best way to fix water spots on CQuartz coating

Coated our truck following the usual regimen, wash, Iron-x, clay bar, swirl remover, polish, and finally CQuartz 3.0. The coating was applied indoors, With 2 coats applied. When I last washed the truck, it was outside under cover, and I noticed some faint water spots on one side of bed, where dog rides and slobbers on occasionally. I attempt to wipe down the sides after every dog ride. Essence was suggested, and I tried a little bit by hand on the spots with no success. Would I be better off repolishing area completely, verify spots are gone then recoat? Or is there another way to attack this? The spots only show up in bright light if angle is just right.Any help-is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    How long have the spots been in there? Your best bet at this point is to polish and recoat. Using Essence has removed or degraded the coating already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hvdcman View Post
    Coated our truck following the usual regimen, wash, Iron-x, clay bar, swirl remover, polish, and finally CQuartz 3.0.
    The coating was applied indoors, With 2 coats applied. When I last washed the truck, it was outside undercover, and
    I noticed some faint water spots on one side of the bed, where dog rides and slobbers on occasionally.
    I attempt to wipe down the sides after every dog ride.

Essence was suggested, and I tried a little bit by hand on the spots with no success.

Would I be better off repolishing the area completely, verify spots are gone then recoat? Or is there another way to attack this?
    The spots only show up in bright light if the angle is just right. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Essence contains an abrasive in the polish. This can/will remove the coating.

I would have suggested possibly using Essence+ as it contains no abrasive.

Another thought would be to use Carpro Spotless to remove the water spots.

It was recently suggested to me to use vinegar/water 1:1 spray to remove water spots on a coating.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz
    ...Your best bet at this point is to polish and recoat. Using Essence has removed or degraded the coating already.
    Agreed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for the suggestions. I was hoping not to have to polish it out and recoat, but oh well. I will make sure this time that the spots are gone before coating.