Thread: gliss issues

Post Thanks / Like

gliss issues

guys i have a interesting issue happening with gliss.... i bought a new bmw 2 series car.. right from the dealership to my shop.... did a complete decontamination... went over the car with a Menzerna 1000 heavy cut compound, then i used a 3m polish, then a wipe down with 90% rubbing alcohol and distilled water, left the car overnight then came back the next day and applied two layers of cquart3.0. Left the car sit again overnight then the next day i went to apply gliss as a topper.. Now when i applied the product to the supplied applicater and when i wiped it on the paint, it started to chalk up almost immediatly. Now i let it sit on the car for about one min, then started to wipe of with a clean microfiber towel. but the product started to leave a lot of chalk like residue... almost like drywall dust. almost impossible to remove with a microfiber towel, so i had to remove it with a little cquart elixr sprayed on another microfiber towel... Temperature in the shop is 25C. I thought it might be something on the towels, but i tried 3 or 4 different towels. Not the towels.. Tried removing the product 5 min after applying, same issue, so time is not the problem either. Could this be a bad batch of product?? I just bought it last week from a authorized dealer in Edmonton..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by instalher View Post
    guys i have a interesting issue happening with gliss.... i bought a new bmw 2 series car.. right from the dealership to my shop.... did a complete decontamination... went over the car with a Menzerna 1000 heavy cut compound, then i used a 3m polish, then a wipe down with 90% rubbing alcohol and distilled water, left the car overnight then came back the next day and applied two layers of cquart3.0. Left the car sit again overnight then the next day i went to apply gliss as a topper.. Now when i applied the product to the supplied applicater and when i wiped it on the paint, it started to chalk up almost immediatly. Now i let it sit on the car for about one min, then started to wipe of with a clean microfiber towel. but the product started to leave a lot of chalk like residue... almost like drywall dust. almost impossible to remove with a microfiber towel, so i had to remove it with a little cquart elixr sprayed on another microfiber towel... Temperature in the shop is 25C. I thought it might be something on the towels, but i tried 3 or 4 different towels. Not the towels.. Tried removing the product 5 min after applying, same issue, so time is not the problem either. Could this be a bad batch of product?? I just bought it last week from a authorized dealer in Edmonton..
    We haven't heard of any issues like that here in USA yet. I would contact your dealer in Edmonton - perhaps they know some trick with your particular climate. Other than that. Maybe troubleshoot on just one single panel. light polish, eraser, UK, apply gliss. Be sure its over 50F for sure and that gliss bottle is not cold.