Thread: Leather 2.0 and Tesla Model Y White Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Leather 2.0 and Tesla Model Y White Interior

Is Leather 2.0 safe to use on Model Y white interiors? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richluu View Post
    Is Leather 2.0 safe to use on Model Y white interiors? Thanks!
    CARPRO states that the new version - here --> https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/c...-30ml-kit-new/ is safe on white.

Sky's the Limit Car Care NEVER recommends anyone use a ceramic coating that that cannot remove without polishing on a surface that cannot be polished.

So, as stated CARPRO says it is fine but our recommendation at Sky's the Limit is to do so at your own risk on white or very light colors.

3. Thanks Merlin thanked this post
    Likes Merlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    CARPRO states that the new version - here --> https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/c...-30ml-kit-new/ is safe on white.
    So, as stated CARPRO says it is fine but our recommendation at Sky's the Limit is to do so at your own risk on white or very light colors.
    ^ Agreed - Thank you Corey for your reply.

A little while back I had a client with a Model 3 that had the White (plant-based / imitation leather) interior. It is definitely bright WHITE!

I had watched some YT videos showing folks pouring black ink etc. on the OEM Tesla white seats and then wiping it off with no issues.
    It's not something I would even think about trying. It seemed pretty scary to me!!!

Recently, that same person (with the WHITE Tesla interior) stopped by and I got a chance to take another look at the seats after about a year.
    They looked very yellowed and worn. They were not bright WHITE any longer. So IMHO the Tesla WHITE interior did not wear well with time.

If it were me...I'd suggest getting custom (not off the shelf) seat covers that look, fit, and feel like the original bright WHITE OEM Tesla seats.
    Yes, they make quality custom aftermarket seat covers. Without looking really really hard you can not tell them from the OEM Tesla seat skins.

A quality custom seat cover offers a few advantages.
    In Short: It's not about coating/color staining...It's about time, wear, and the (plant-based / imitation leather) material discoloration. I've seen it.
    With time the Tesla WHITE seats yellow and show wear. A custom seat cover may or may not have the same issue but it can be easily replaced.

Sadly, I'm glad I didn't coat the WHITE seats for the client. Although he was a very nice person! As an installer, I feel..."If I touch it, I own it".
    ...and that is something I would not want to come back and bite me later on. I don't want to buy OEM Tesla replacement seat skins. $$$

I'm not sure if I would own any vehicle with a bright white interior...much less one that is not real leather. ^

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    "...do so at your own risk"
    ^ Agreed

Just my thoughts...