Thread: Gliss and SIC

Post Thanks / Like

Gliss and SIC

Hello again

I have bougth a big bottle of UK 3.0 and smaller Gliss and SIC for our 2 cars. Both of dem will get 2 layers of UK 3.0 and then Gliss on my wifes and SIC on mine, just to see the differences.

Is 12 hours of cure time for the UK 3.0 enough before I can apply the topcoats ?
    Is there any differences in the way I apply them ? Ive seen some say the SIC has a lot longer haze time than the Gliss ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovsen View Post
    Hello again

I have bougth a big bottle of UK 3.0 and smaller Gliss and SIC for our 2 cars. Both of dem will get 2 layers of UK 3.0 and then Gliss on my wifes and SIC on mine, just to see the differences.

Is 12 hours of cure time for the UK 3.0 enough before I can apply the topcoats ?
    Is there any differences in the way I apply them ? Ive seen some say the SIC has a lot longer haze time than the Gliss ?
    SiC can be applied 1 hour after UK. Gliss is 4 hours after UK or SiC.

SiC will have a long flash time compared to Gliss. Gliss is practically wipe on wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should I even consider applying Gliss on top of SiC?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is completely optional. It is up to you if you want to add it or not. Think of Gliss as a long term Reload application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Understood, I thought I read somewhere SiC was slicker then Reload so I wasn't clear the benefits.