Thread: CarPro Hydro2 foam

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Hydro2 foam

I’ve got a question about this product. I’ve used it once with a foam cannon on both cars, it came out great, extremely hydrophobic. I know this product is intended to be used in the shade, my question is what if that’s not an option? Would it be safe safe to do one panel at a time in the sun and immediately rinse off, then move to another panel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooFan View Post
    I’ve got a question about this product. I’ve used it once with a foam cannon on both cars, it came out great, extremely hydrophobic. I know this product is intended to be used in the shade, my question is what if that’s not an option? Would it be safe safe to do one panel at a time in the sun and immediately rinse off, then move to another panel?
    It could be safe if the surface is not 160F which it can be in the sun depending on how long it has been in the sun and what color. There are so many variables it is difficult for us to tell you "yes its ok" and then find out it takes a horrible streaky turn for you because the paint is stovetop hot. I would recommend trying carefully at your own risk on one panel... cooling with water first, then applying the product via a wash mitt, immediately rinsing carefully, drying. and inspecting carefully before moving on.

For sure it is possible to do safely in sun but it depends on the sun, car, humidity and how long you leave it on, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It could be safe if the surface is not 160F which it can be in the sun depending on how long it has been in the sun and what color. There are so many variables it is difficult for us to tell you "yes its ok" and then find out it takes a horrible streaky turn for you because the paint is stovetop hot. I would recommend trying carefully at your own risk on one panel... cooling with water first, then applying the product via a wash mitt, immediately rinsing carefully, drying. and inspecting carefully before moving on.

For sure it is possible to do safely in sun but it depends on the sun, car, humidity and how long you leave it on, etc.
    Thanks. That’s what I was planning to do. If I catch a spot that streaks, would CarPro essence play with a polisher easily remove it? I’ve created high spots with CarPro reload that easily came off with essence plus using a polisher