Thread: Review - CarPro ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner

Had a chance to use ReTyre this weekend to clean up the tires on one of my vehicles.

https://www.carpro-us.com/latest-arr...00ml-17oz-new/

Lets get a couple things straight here. The product works great and does a good job at deep cleaning the tires. The other thing is I don't let my tires get dirty. Most of us in groups like this put more care into keeping our vehicles looking nice. But it still cleaned up the tires well and left them ready for a tire dressing.

The last thing is I am not a fan of the foaming nozzle for this product. The foaming is great as it will cling to the surface to give the product time to do its work. The downside is that is uses up quite a bit of product. I used half of the bottle on 17 inch low profile tires. The possibility of overusing product is always there. My next test will be with it in a non-foaming nozzle to see how that works. This does not mean that the actual product inside the bottle is bad or does not work. It is quite the opposite.

Overall it is great to see CarPro have a dedicated tire cleaner that will deep clean and prep the tire for a tire coating where Multi X struggled at that and I would rely on another stronger tire cleaner. Now I can stay in the CarPro product line if I choose to use Cquartz BlackOut.

I rarely use a dedicated tire cleaner to clean the tires on my vehicles. An APC such as Multi X is more then enough in that aspect. But once in awhile it is good to have something stronger for those times when needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Mike for your CarPro ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner review.
    I truly appreciate your time. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

It may not be a go-to for every vehicle tire I do but...
    When the tires are brown I have found it difficult to resolve.
    I've been looking forward to a product like this from Carpro.

3. Thanks The Guz thanked this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking with James, aka Captain America, the other day while placing an order.

When it comes out, I think I’m going to grab a Dilute bottle and try a 50:50 dilution to see how it works.

I’m looking forward to trying ReTyre.
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI - I used it "full strength".
    I purchased the CARPRO ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner 1 Liter (34oz) bottle and a S.M. Arnold Tire Brush

My thoughts...The White "foaming spray nozzle"...the inside tube was not long enough to reach the bottom of the 34oz bottle.
    I did try to swap tubes but I couldn't get it to fit right. I may have to swap the product bottle when I get down towards the bottom...

I have been using a couple of different products (multi-chemical mix) to clean tires.
    After spraying I had to wait 2+ minutes before rinsing and scrubbing with a brush.
    ReTyre is a quick spray, scrub, rinse off (do not let sit. This product is much faster!

I did not find I used as much product as the above video (maybe it is proportional to the larger bottle)
    Retyre did a MUCH better job than the combo of products I have been using!
    It got rid of any residual tire dressing and left a flat clean tire! See results pics below.

TUGA Devil Special Wheel Cleaner (assorted brushes)

CARPRO ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner

Tons of brown! with S.M. Arnold Tire Brush

A really CLEAN Tire!

Good stuff! Does a great job FAST! (Time is money)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

I did not find I used as much product as the above video (maybe it is proportional to the larger bottle)
    Sandro said it best on his youtube channel. Those of us that get the product ahead of anyone else have to figure out how to use the product. In most cases product is over used. We are essentially flying by the seat of our pants.