Thread: CQuartz Finest failing... Next steps?

Post Thanks / Like

Question CQuartz Finest failing... Next steps?

I had CQUARTZ Finest applied to my car 5+ years ago. it is showing early signs of failing in some spots (not unexpected given the age of the coating). What is the best/easiest way to get back to "full strength" protection? Can I apply a CQUARTZ coating on top of the existing coating? If so, what prep is recommended? Do I have to remove the existing coating first and start over? Appreciate any advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmie View Post
    I had CQUARTZ Finest applied to my car 5+ years ago.
    it is showing early signs of failing in some spots (not unexpected given the age of the coating).

What is the best/easiest way to get back to "full strength" protection?

Can I apply a CQUARTZ coating on top of the existing coating?
    If so, what prep is recommended?

Do I have to remove the existing coating first and start over? Appreciate any advice.
    Was it CQuartz Finest or CQuartz Finest Reserve?

What is your process for washing maintenance?

What is the best/easiest way to get back to "full strength" protection?
    Polish the paint (paint correction if needed) and a new CQuartz Finest installation.

Can I apply a CQUARTZ coating on top of the existing coating?
    If so, what prep is recommended?
    No, it is not recommended to apply CQuartz coating on top without light polishing to remove any existing coating.

Do I have to remove the existing coating first and start over? Appreciate any advice.
    Yes, depending on the environment it is in, garage kept, outside, etc. It may have reached the end of life (EOF).
    I would suggest polishing the paint and a new CQFR installation. BTW - Not bad for being applied 5+ years ago...

3. Thanks Zimmie thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmie View Post
    I had CQUARTZ Finest applied to my car 5+ years ago. it is showing early signs of failing in some spots (not unexpected given the age of the coating). What is the best/easiest way to get back to "full strength" protection? Can I apply a CQUARTZ coating on top of the existing coating? If so, what prep is recommended? Do I have to remove the existing coating first and start over? Appreciate any advice.
    Good advice from Merlin above - I can't think of anything to add

5. Thanks Zimmie thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick response. It is CQUARTZ Finest, not Reserve. The car is a weekend toy and garaged. When washed, hand wash only with Reset. Unfortunately, there is no longer a local installer for CQUARTZ Finest in central Virginia.