Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Second layer CQ UK 3.0 after 3 months?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Second layer CQ UK 3.0 after 3 months?

    Hej!
    After applying the first layer of CQ UK 3.0, can I apply a second layer after three months?
    I did not have time for the second layer after an hour and then I got sick and did not have the possibility to continue with the coating. The car has been in the garage all three months getting dusty. Now fully restored, I thought if after a wash with Lift and Reset I could apply the second coat of CQ uk 3.0.
    What do you advise me?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben A View Post
    Hej!
    After applying the first layer of CQ UK 3.0, can I apply a second layer after three months?
    I did not have time for the second layer after an hour and then I got sick and did not have the possibility to continue with the coating. The car has been in the garage all three months getting dusty. Now fully restored, I thought if after a wash with Lift and Reset I could apply the second coat of CQ uk 3.0.
    What do you advise me?

    Thank you!


    IIRC you will need to apply TarX and do a final wash with Reset. A wipe down with Eraser wouldn't hurt.

  3. #3
    CarPro US Owner Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben A View Post
    Hej!
    After applying the first layer of CQ UK 3.0, can I apply a second layer after three months?
    I did not have time for the second layer after an hour and then I got sick and did not have the possibility to continue with the coating. The car has been in the garage all three months getting dusty. Now fully restored, I thought if after a wash with Lift and Reset I could apply the second coat of CQ uk 3.0.
    What do you advise me?
    Thank you!
    Hi Ruben! If it has been in the garage the entire time then just need to clean it off and your good to go! Depending on how dusty it is then wash with Reset and then dry and wipe with Eraser. Do not use any other soaps or anything with any wax or QD in it.

    If it was driven past months then you would want to follow what Ron said above - Reset/Tar X / Iron X/ Reset / Eraser. In other words its not a good situation of its been driven for months to try to coat again without polishing. But sounds like your in fine shape!

  4. #4
    CarPro US Owner Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsurfer View Post
    IIRC you will need to apply TarX and do a final wash with Reset. A wipe down with Eraser wouldn't hurt.
    Ron!!!! Man its been forever. Great to see you brother

  5. Thanks rsurfer thanked this post
  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Hi Ruben! If it has been in the garage the entire time then just need to clean it off and your good to go! Depending on how dusty it is then wash with Reset and then dry and wipe with Eraser. Do not use any other soaps or anything with any wax or QD in it.

    If it was driven past months then you would want to follow what Ron said above - Reset/Tar X / Iron X/ Reset / Eraser. In other words its not a good situation of its been driven for months to try to coat again without polishing. But sounds like your in fine shape!
    Thanks for the tips. Yes, the car was sitting in the garage for three months. Now, I will wash it according to your advice and of course, before applying the second coat I will make sure to clean it with Eraser. I think everything will be fine!
    Once again, thank you very much!

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I will do it as you advise this weekend.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Ron!!!! Man its been forever. Great to see you brother
    Like wise Corey. Happy holidays and be safe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •