Thread: Marketing Pro or DIY?

Post Thanks / Like

Marketing Pro or DIY?

What do you guys use for graphic design? For your website, logo, social media graphics. Thinking whether to seek the services of a professional. I have no idea how much it would cost. Or should I do it myself with something like canva.com

Www.martyscardetail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martyk13 View Post
    What do you guys use for graphic design? For your website, logo, social media graphics. Thinking whether to seek the services of a professional. I have no idea how much it would cost. Or should I do it myself with something like canva.com

www.martyscardetail.com
    That's a complicated question...with a lot of factors.

I will be glad to elaborate in-depth.
    Let's start simple.

Do you write your own web pages?

3. Thanks martyk13 thanked this post
    Likes martyk13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    That's a complicated question...with a lot of factors.

I will be glad to elaborate in-depth.
    Let's start simple.

Do you write your own web pages?
    Yea. Www.martyscardetail.com is all my work.

Www.martyscardetail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I also do my own web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by martyk13 View Post
    Yea. www.martyscardetail.com is all my work.
    It's a good start. The basics for a webpage are Who, What, When, Where, and How.

NOTE: Personally I'd lose the www. prefix. Less to type. Less to remember. Everyone knows it's the Web.

Web Pages:
    The 1st "trick" is to immediately capture the potential customer's attention so they "stay" on your page(s).
    Sadly, there is nothing "exciting" about your home page. That's where a strong graphic/picture/video comes in.

The 2nd trick is to make your pages FAST! Google ranks your pages "mobile-first". This is important!
    Nobody likes a slow website and you can lose customers if it loads slow. It must be under 3 seconds.

Here is a FREE Google tool I use to test my page speed. (and those of my competitors)
    https://pagespeed.web.dev/
    Also, if you are using Chrome browser: (go to the page you want to test)
    Upper right hand corner > Three dots > More tools > Developer tools > At the top right choose > Lighthouse
    You can test both mobile and desktop speed.

If you want to know what Google knows about your website type site:martyscardetail.com in the search box.

In short, I started out with a FREE webpage maker called https://mobirise.com
    You can design web pages on your desktop without having to upload them to the server to see the results.
    There are other products like https://wordpress.com/website-builder/

Graphics:
    There is a site called https://www.fiverr.com/ that I might suggest.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have artistic talent then try canva but you could just hire project-based freelancers for sure there tons of freelancers available online. that's what we do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally get your dilemma as a newbie in SMM. When it comes to graphic design, it really depends on your budget and skills. Hiring a pro can give you a super polished and unique look, but it can be a bit pricey. DIY options like Canva are great for beginners and those on a budget. They have a ton of templates and tools to help you get started. Give it a shot and see if it works for you. If you feel like you need more professional help down the line, you can always reassess. In the end, you can try reaching out to SMM World for advice. Good luck with your graphics journey
    Last edited by IlianaJenkins; 07-07-2023 at 12:22 AM.