Thread: CQ UK 3.0 on Matte car

Post Thanks / Like

CQ UK 3.0 on Matte car

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a new (used) car with a very cool matte grey paint (not wrap, proper paint). It is my first matte car and I haven’t really found any concrete information saying that I can use the CQ UK 3.0 on a matte car without it turning the car semi-shiny. So before I go ahead and try it out, I just wanted to hear if anyone has any experience with CQ UK 3.0 on a matte car?

Does it cause more “shinyness”?
    Does it provide the same hydrofobic effect?
    Anything special I need to do compared to the normal gloss finish?

Thanks in advance for any advice and experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you already own UK? If not then look into Skin to coat the matte paint. But to answer your question UK will make the matte appear darker but not glossy. It will provide the hydrophobic effect. The thing about UK is if some sort of high spot happens on the matte surface then there is no way to remove it as matte paint is not to be polished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Do you already own UK? If not then look into Skin to coat the matte paint. But to answer your question UK will make the matte appear darker but not glossy. It will provide the hydrophobic effect. The thing about UK is if some sort of high spot happens on the matte surface then there is no way to remove it as matte paint is not to be polished.
    Thanks for the reply! I have used UK on several different cars, but never a matte car before. But I’ll take your advice and have a look at Carpro Skin.

4. Likes The Guz liked this post