Thread: Review: P&S Dream Maker

Post Thanks / Like

Post Review: P&S Dream Maker

I have been watching and reading reviews and wanted to give a few products a shot. My intent is to give an unbiased and unfiltered review of these products for discussion.

Tests were done on a 2020 BMW X1. Applied indoor at 71F degrees @ 48% humidity, surface temp was 70F. The paint has NOT been polished since new. The car was washed with Chemical Guys Honeydew soap, clayed and dried. Then a layer of P&S Bead Maker applied and allowed to cure indoors overnight.

P & S Dream Maker. I chose this product after watching a few reviews online. A video from the seller of this product stuck me as interesting. He stated that a user was applying this over P&S Bead Maker to help reduce dust. I live in a high pollen area so this is appealing to me.

It’s got a similar feel to P&S Bead Maker and looks great in the sunlight.

I applied a light mist. A single light trigger pull per 3' x 3' area on the hood pictured below:

I got a little streaking/smudging as seen in the light reflections below:

Video of application/removal:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/gPr3sKK-Jiw?feature=share

Changed microfiber from a very plush double sided to a short nap polish removal type:

Initial thoughts:
    Application was not what I had expected. Dream Maker had more surface tension than other LSP's I have tried. I definitely felt the product was leaving something behind as I wiped. It was not just a wipe on and wipe away experience. The smearing was a problem that made me worried about using this on freshly corrected paint, will I need to be so aggressive to remove and balance the product on the finish? Additional gloss over P&S Bead Maker? None detected by me. The car has not been driven after application, feedback on dust resistance (dustphobic..) to follow.
    Last edited by BringADetailer; 06-22-2022 at 01:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    After a 5 minute ride in the rain.... What do I think so far? In this case, I may have been better off leaving Bead Maker alone for a while, then using Dream Maker as a drying aid during my next maintenance wash. There is no claim of durability on this product. The wheels held up nicely and so did Adams VRT dressing on the tires. First time I have used it.

Windshield:

Dreaded rear window:

Curb rash wheel, looking good!

Post Thanks / Like
    This 2020 car received a wash with Chemical Guys Honeydew, clay, and only a singe application of Dream Maker. The paint also has not been polished since new.

The paint is in horrible condition, to me. People who aren't into detailing tell me the car is "so clean". I write this to document the impact some of these products have to the everyday person vs. the OCD detailer. As detailers, we scrutinize to the 1/100th% on clarity and quality when a simple wipe with a $12.00 product makes the masses impressed/happy. These are powerful products.

This vehicle sat out in a 4 hour rain last night:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some "before" pictures:

2 year old paint. Foam wash with Chemical Guys Honeydew. Clay. P&S Dream Maker wipe.

This process was done intentionally as these cars will be receiving full decontamination, correction and ceramic coating in the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    4 days of driving down. Impressive results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re-application as lawn sprinklers got to this one last night. Direct sun shots to reveal paint condition, this needs a polishing. I also am not a fan of metallic black paint, prefer non-metallic.

4 days in and I’ll say P&S Dream Maker does make a difference in shine. I tried this next to a QD mix of ONR+Wax. There is a noticeable difference.

Last edited by BringADetailer; 06-28-2022 at 02:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! Any idea how long the product effects last on the paint? (in normal conditions)