Thread: Cleaning (Waters Spots, etc) after Ceramic Pro Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning (Waters Spots, etc) after Ceramic Pro Coating

Hello,
    I have found that for Silicon Coatings (Ceramic Pro, etc) aren't what they are cracked up to be (or i didn't do enough original research). For someone who doesn't wash their car weekly and its not garaged, here in the SE, esp. in the summer we get alot of afternoon rain (somewhat acidic) that hits hot paint (black paint) and evaporates leaves the water deposits that now my detailer indicates i need heavy compounding/polishing to 'get back' to the coating.

In research, i came across the spotless pro product (v2) but then just saw the descaler product which appears to do the same thing and be a 'heavier' overall cleaner (i have sap, etc as well).

Anyone care to comment? My use would be find something i can use to quickly clean every few months, maintaining the ceramic pro coat as best as possible.

Thanks in advance.
    mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Corey breaks down both products in these videos.

https://youtu.be/jrA7ymhcuvA

https://youtu.be/Mr672I31cFY

Post Thanks / Like
    Recent newsletter sent out

Spotless Or Descale?

When to use these two products, and where each excels

We get a lot of questions about the differences between CARPRO Descale (soap) & CARPRO Spotless (spray). Because both products are designed to remove mineral spots (commonly known as water spots), it's only natural that one would question if they need both. If not then which is better for what case? The question is not which is better but which is better for YOU. Both products may lead to the same result, clearing mineral spots from the surface of your vehicle. However, the application method is very different between these products.

CARPRO DESCALE

Descale is most easily used in applications where your goal is to remove mineral buildup or grime from an entire vehicle. Crafted as a mildly acidic wash, it's the perfect tool to complete a mineral strip on your vehicle. Apply CARPRO Descale using a wash mitt, in your foam cannon, or in a bucket. We recommend utilizing CARPRO Descale every few months on any vehicle, either coated or non-coated that is exposed to minerals or when a vehicle may have missed a few maintenance washes.

CARPRO SPOTLESS 2.0

Spotless is most easily used to spot treat select panels or spots with a simple spray, wait a minute, and wipe methodology. Spray the product on the mineral spot or panel, let dwell for a minute, and then gently work in the product with a soft microfiber towel and wipe off. The mineral spots should disappear before your eyes. Be sure to neutralize the acidity left on the paint by following up with your favorite waterless wash.

What they can and can not do:

Mineral spot (aka water spot) removal products are great at dissolving minerals that have dried on and bonded to the surface of your paint. However, if the paint is neglected, or comes in contact with nasty minerals for too long, they will eventually etch (eat into) the surface. If etching occurs, then no water spot remover or acidic concoction can solve the problem. In this scenario, they will still remove the minerals that are causing the damage so it doesn't become worse.
    In order to improve or "remove" the etching itself, try using CARPRO Essence Plus to fill/hide. If the etchings are too deep for Essence PLUS, then the only way to solve is to use an abrasive polish. In the case of a coated vehicle, one with a thin clear coat, or someone not comfortable with machine polishing, an abrasive polish may not be recommended. If you are unsure, just reach out to us any time and we are happy to assist!

4. Likes Iceman82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Corey breaks down both products in these videos.

https://youtu.be/jrA7ymhcuvA

https://youtu.be/Mr672I31cFY
    Thanks! I ordered the Descaler and will report back how that does.