Thread: New Camaro with slight swirls

Post Thanks / Like

New Camaro with slight swirls

I just got my 22 Camaro ZL1 and there were quite a few swirls. I did paint decon Iron X and clay bar. Next I used Essence with a carpro white pad and DA polisher set at 2500-3500. I used eraser then did 2 coats of Cquartz UK 3.0. The next day I topped with Cquartz SIC. I thought it looked amazing until a couple days later I noticed some faint swirls in afternoon sun. It does look far better than when I first started but I would like to get rid of the faint swirls. Most people would probably not see them but I know they are there.

Would a carpro orange pad with essence work to remove the very faint swirls or do I need to step up to carpro fixer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmarks79 View Post
    I just got my 22 Camaro ZL1 and there were quite a few swirls. I did paint decon Iron X and clay bar. Next I used Essence with a carpro white pad and DA polisher set at 2500-3500. I used eraser then did 2 coats of Cquartz UK 3.0. The next day I topped with Cquartz SIC. I thought it looked amazing until a couple days later I noticed some faint swirls in afternoon sun. It does look far better than when I first started but I would like to get rid of the faint swirls. Most people would probably not see them but I know they are there.

Would a carpro orange pad with essence work to remove the very faint swirls or do I need to step up to carpro fixer?
    It may or may not remove the swirls. First thing is use the least aggressive combo on a test spot. All paints are not created equal. That being said. No one can truly say what combination of pad and polish will work for you. You do realize that you will have to re-coat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsurfer View Post
    It may or may not remove the swirls. First thing is use the least aggressive combo on a test spot. All paints are not created equal. That being said. No one can truly say what combination of pad and polish will work for you. You do realize that you will have to re-coat?
    Yeah it sucks but I will re coat the car again. I know the essence isn't that aggressive. I believe the Gloss pad is their least aggressive. I was wondering if using their orange pad which is the next step up from the gloss pad may be enough with the essence.

Post Thanks / Like
    To start, I might suggest trying Lake Country HDO Orange Polishing Pad with Rupes UNO Pure Universal Ultrafine Finishing Polish

...and yes, you will need to re-coat the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a test spot. It may work. If not you could step up to Essence or Fixer or any other medium cut polish. It is unfortunate that it has to be re-coated.

Are you able to live with the faint swirls? If so then leave it and polish it in a year or two.