Thread: Scuffs In Mirror

Post Thanks / Like

Scuffs In Mirror

Hello -

My name is Ed and this is my first post. I have made several purchases though and enjoy the ceramics and other products I use on my vehicles. I am 59 and seasoned in the detailing arena, so I usually can solve most of my problems on my own, however, I'm looking for some advice on this specific issue I have created.

I recently installed some minor mods to my side mirrors on the vehicle in question, and although the installation was a success, I wound up leaving a few scuffs in my passenger side mirror glass installing it back into its housing. My question, is there a product here that I can use to polish these small scuffs out without damaging the mirror (glass) further? I've already priced the replacement glass at $169.00, and I'd rather try and fix it before purchasing another glass.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ed Hanson; 09-07-2022 at 01:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My only thoughts are the CARPRO CeriGlass Polish Kit

If you have a Rupes iBrid Nano then you could use a small backing plate (possibly 1") and cut down a CARPRO Glass Rayon Polishing Pad to fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Merlin - Thanks for your response. I had just finished fixing it and I walked into my office and saw your reply. I actually broke out the iBrid Nano to do the job, but I used Essence considering this was all I had on hand at this time. I thought I'd try it and see what result I get. However, I thought I'd try the least abrasive method first, and that was a microfiber towel with a bit of Essence and a good finger rub down. Well, low and behold, it worked. I rubbed the snot out of the three affected areas, small scuffs where I rubbed the mirror up against something, and everything came out clean and with no visual marking. I was pleasantly surprised. Saved me a little over $170.00.

CARPRO FOR THE WIN!
    (... and my finger)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hanson View Post
    Hey Merlin - Thanks for your response. I had just finished fixing it and I walked into my office and saw your reply. I actually broke out the iBrid Nano to do the job, but I used Essence considering this was all I had on hand at this time. I thought I'd try it and see what result I get. However, I thought I'd try the least abrasive method first, and that was a microfiber towel with a bit of Essence and a good finger rub down. Well, low and behold, it worked. I rubbed the snot out of the three affected areas, small scuffs where I rubbed the mirror up against something, and everything came out clean and with no visual marking. I was pleasantly surprised. Saved me a little over $170.00.

CARPRO FOR THE WIN!
    (... and my finger)
    Essence, microfiber towel and a hot, soar finger for the Win!
    Gotta love Essence!!! Goog Job!